8. Bills - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
9. Jets - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
10. Titans - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
11. Chargers - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
12. Dolphins - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
13. Buccaneers - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
14. Panthers - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

Trufant or Vaccaro... With the way FA is going
Vaccaro would mean Harper is sent packing. I'm loyal and all, but we can't let players steal money from us like Ellis did.

Firstly I'd kick the cat AND the dog, then I'd check my voicemail to see if trading down was a possibility, then I'd remember I was "on the clock", I'd kick the dog ONCE more for good measure and reluctantly take Ansah...

But I'd really rather Jones, Johnson, Jordan or Richardson.

Trufant or Vaccaro... With the way FA is going
Vaccaro would mean Harper is sent packing. I'm loyal and all, but we can't let players steal money from us like Ellis did.

if harper is cut and not labeled a "june 1st cut" he will cost us 6.1 mil this season against the cap instead of 7.1 mil he will cost if he's on the team. if hes labeled a "june 1st cut" he'd cost us 3.05 mil against the cap.

If that were the case, a trade down might be possible. There would be sufficient interest in Cordarrelle Patterson and a need to jump ahead of teams like Jacksonville and St.Louis we might would have legitimate interest in our pick, particularly from teams like the Vikings.

A move down the 23 would still leave us in position for someone like Fluker, Trufant, or Hankins.

But I doubt Patterson makes it out of the 6-10 range. The Browns, Cardinals, Bills, Jets, and Titans would all be threats to take him.

Tavon Austin.

Sorry, the worst thing you can do in the first round is pick based on need. Pick the best player. And in our offense, Austin would be unstoppable for years to come. Sign an ABraham or Freeney or whomever stop gap and go to battle.

if harper is cut and not labeled a "june 1st cut" he will cost us 6.1 mil this season against the cap instead of 7.1 mil he will cost if he's on the team. if hes labeled a "june 1st cut" he'd cost us 3.05 mil against the cap.

I'm totally serious when I ask,
If the draft is in April, can we not cut Harper before June?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom