If the draft were held today (1 Viewer)

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
Carolina would hold the number 2 slot. God forbid they pick LF7 and we have to face him twice a year for the next 8 years:covri:

Carolina would hold the number 2 slot. God forbid they pick LF7 and we have to face him twice a year for the next 8 years:covri:

Now,,, that tells us something right there.

I don't want LF7, no way. All big money RB's do is eat up cap money best used for OL, DL, and LB depth, and they seldom carry their team to the SB.

However, I certainly don't want him to wind up in our division.:no:

That tells me that maybe I'm thinking wrong. The positive side of big money RB's is, they DO help the defense, they DO give the QB an extra .3 seconds, and they DO demoralize the opponents. :idunno:

Now,,, that tells us something right there.

I don't want LF7, no way. All big money RB's do is eat up cap money best used for OL, DL, and LB depth, and they seldom carry their team to the SB.

However, I certainly don't want him to wind up in our division.:no:

That tells me that maybe I'm thinking wrong. The positive side of big money RB's is, they DO help the defense, they DO give the QB an extra .3 seconds, and they DO demoralize the opponents. :idunno:

I only want us to draft LF7 if its to stop the Panthers, Falcons, or Bucs from doing so. I am completely serious about that too. It would help out team by having such a dominant threat for Brees in his last couple season, but it also helps up bc it doesnt help our rivals.

If we pick right before any of those guys and LF is on the board then I want to grab him unless the top DE/OLB or CB is still on the board, but even then I am still weary. LF is the most dominating RB to come into the league since AP, but AP never murdered other men on the field the way LF does. LF has a combination of size, speed, and agility that hasnt been seen since Bo Jackson or Dickerson.

With the draft pay scale in place, LF would be a fairly cheap dominate RB for at least five years. Then he'll cost a lot in year six if we decided to keep him.

LF would be a great addition to this offense because he can do it all; run, block, catch, split out wide, play FB. We wouldn't have to telegraph our play by substituting RB's every other down. Keep LF in and keep the Defense guessing

Last time we drafted a RB with top pick after a bad year we won SB 3 yrs later Nd played in NFCG the year we drafted him

Not sure how good of a pass blocker he is but as a runner and reciever he is ready day 1

Granted not the same situation but if you had to choose LF or RB who would you choose?

Also how many games have we lost because we couldn't kill the clock

Would be hard to pass on LF , I understand all the arguments to pass on him but there are many to justify the pick and I wouldn't have any problem with it

With the amount of MI threads complaining of how he can't hit holes, gets shoelaced tackled, has no speed, and just flat out sucks; I would think more people would be into drafting a player like Fournette. He is the total package! Yes we need defensive help but grinding out some long time sustaining drives will give the defense some much needed rest

Let's just say if the Vikings had a healthy AD in his prime right now they'd be SB favorites.

With the amount of MI threads complaining of how he can't hit holes, gets shoelaced tackled, has no speed, and just flat out sucks; I would think more people would be into drafting a player like Fournette. He is the total package! Yes we need defensive help but grinding out some long time sustaining drives will give the defense some much needed rest

Someone posted a video a few weeks back where Jim Mora said we have "nothing special" at Rb. L7 is special. I know we need defensive help
in the worst way,but if he's there when it's our time to pick,it's a no brainer Imo. It'd be nice to hand the ball off and give Brees a lot
of 2nd and 4/5 options.

I remember an old NFL film about Chuck Foreman. HOF Tackle Ron Yary told a beat reporter the following. "Those crappy blocks you wrote
about last year will be crappy blocks that score a lot of Td's this year".

When the dust settles (end of year), Carolina won't be picking in the top 10. Probably not even the top 15. Seriously, I don't think we need to fear Fournette being around when the Panthers select next year.

I have no doubt that LF is gonna give it his all where ever he ends up but the kid loves New Orleans and loves Louisiana. We would get everything he has and more his entire tenure here and not many pros do that anymore. Sometimes with the draft you hope for talent and you hope for effort, I'm certain we would get both if he ended up here.

Few teams would be a better fit for LF7. I would hate to see him go to any team in the division obviously but if he goes to Carolina, yikes. Hopefully he goes to some team in the AFC and has a long and illustrious career.

I would love LF here. He is better than any running back on the team right now. He would make this offense even better. Teams would have to put more guys in the box to stop him and that would open up the passing game even more. BUT, I feel that Coach wouldn't run him no more than he runs Ingram now. While a small amount of carries for LF don't really mean much because he will get his yards in those carries, he needs to carry the ball 24+ times in the NFL to be as effective. And Coach has shown that he won't do that very often. But we could draft him, showcase him for a couple of years and then trade him for some very good picks. That is a possibility.

When the dust settles (end of year), Carolina won't be picking in the top 10. Probably not even the top 15. Seriously, I don't think we need to fear Fournette being around when the Panthers select next year.

I don't know what makes you think Carolina is going to start being good. They suck right now and I don't see that changing enough to make them pick any where past 10. They have the #2 spot right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom