If the Jets get Lawerence we need to steal Sam Darnold (1 Viewer)

Darnold is not that good and not worth giving up draft capital for when we have a better option in the building, learning under SP and Brees. Winston will have every shot to be the QB of the future and just like when SP swooped in and signed a castoff QB to build an offense around, SP will do the same thing with Winston. There's some excitement about Taysom, but Taysom's best position might just be the F position and let him play it instead of holding him back. I did believe SP when he said the QB of the future was in the building with Taysom, but now he's got a younger guy with a cannon and more experience who just needs to be coached up.

Last edited:
This would be a great opportunity to get a franchise level QB for probably just one first round pick .

I believe Payton could turn him into a top 5 QB

I love Darnold. I think he has the tools and yes, Payton could work with him.

possibly we do have the next starter in the building. And it could be one of two guys. But if I were betting, I would say it’s more likely the one already under contract next year (and payed as if he might be a starter at that)
The fact that Taysom hasn’t thrown a pass yet leads me to believe Payton doesn’t have that much confidence in him. He was in for one pass play, had one read which wasn’t open so he ran instead. I love Taysom as much as everyone else but Winston is the much better QB.

The fact that Taysom hasn’t thrown a pass yet leads me to believe Payton doesn’t have that much confidence in him. He was in for one pass play, had one read which wasn’t open so he ran instead. I love Taysom as much as everyone else but Winston is the much better QB.

well he was clearly going to throw one yesterday but it wasn't there. And I think they have to at least present the threat of him throwing or having him take anything under center is kind of pointless. But I don't see them giving him more throws than runs with Drew on the sideline. Unless of course this season continues to slide and then who knows.

I claiming to know who we will start next year, just that previous indications for coach would make one think he is ready for the TH experiment and if you look at the contracts for the guys under contract, all that evidence points that way as well.

Gotta tell you, I’m on the side of getting Darnold depending on the price. Maybe no more than a 4th rounder. Don’t for a minute judge him too harshly on Jets performance. Just like Ryan Tannehill whose horn I was tooting when Miami was dumping him, the team around him sucks badly.
Darnold can make all the throws and he’s smart enough to learn Payton’s offense. He also has escapability. Can throw into windows. The only question to me would be the confidence level in himself after getting beat up physically and emotionally with the Jets.

I'd rather roll with Winston, with a year of practice time with Sean, than Darnold.

This, without question.. who the heck would in their right mind give a first round for Darnold... yikes. Stats from this last game 168 yds 1 td and 3 picks. Man let me get my first rounder ready to send thru for that stud!! Lol

Or draft the other 4 QBs in the class. It's a deep class

Our next QB is on the roster now. The only question is whether its Taysom or Winston.

Sure, maybe we can bring in Rosen as well, for a fierce qb competition. I mean they were drafted high right, it must just be the teams around them.

Sure, maybe we can bring in Rosen as well, for a fierce qb competition. I mean they were drafted high right, it must just be the teams around them.
They suck. Its that simple.

how is josh rosen "the team around him"? The guy cant even start on either team that he was on.

Is mitch trubisky the team around him? No, he just sucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom