If the Saint could make one more move? (1 Viewer)

If Griffin is still there you have to wonder about his mental health concerns. With who’s available, I think I’d go with Apple.

Why would we get rid of Easton. He’s backing up every interior OL spot. That’s pretty valuable.
The question is how the coaching staff views Easton, Tom, and Clapp relative to each other. Unless Easton is easily the best of those three, he's probably not worth his contract.

Is apple speed at cb? I forget how fast he is but he got beat deep a few times and he def can’t cover cooks/hill type guys

I would go with a veteran/cerebral LB like Clay Matthews. I know he is not what he once was, but that guy has a clear understanding of the game, and he was doing pretty damn good for awhile last year. He can play multiple LB positions, has a great motor, a great teammate, and he can help out with the pass rush. Sure we need depth at a few positions, but the thought of rolling out the injury prone AA/Kiko or a rookie LB, with DD being the only sure thing is pretty scary.

I would go with a veteran/cerebral LB like Clay Matthews. I know he is not what he once was, but that guy has a clear understanding of the game, and he was doing pretty damn good for awhile last year. He can play multiple LB positions, has a great motor, a great teammate, and he can help out with the pass rush. Sure we need depth at a few positions, but the thought of rolling out the injury prone AA/Kiko or a rookie LB, with DD being the only sure thing is pretty scary.
If we sign Clay Matthews over Everson Griffen, I'll blow a gasket. Unless we just can't afford Griffen. He's younger and better than Clay. But older and cheaper (and better imo) than Clowney.

For me, if we make one more splash signing, it's Griffen or nobody.

The question is how the coaching staff views Easton, Tom, and Clapp relative to each other. Unless Easton is easily the best of those three, he's probably not worth his contract.

Easton is the most experienced. For Tom or Clapp to beat him out they would have to really outperform him in camp and practice, not sure I see that happening.

In fact as much as I hate to say it, I think Clapp may not make this roster....but I think another team would pick him up....

If they could get Griffin on a relatively modest 1 year deal with incentives that would be my ideal signing....

If we sign Clay Matthews over Everson Griffen, I'll blow a gasket. Unless we just can't afford Griffen. He's younger and better than Clay. But older and cheaper (and better imo) than Clowney.

For me, if we make one more splash signing, it's Griffen or nobody.
Well naturally Griffen is the sexy pick out of the two. I just feel LB is more of a pressing need than DE. Just my $.02

I'm sort of thinking the same way. The Saints currently have 15 defensive linemen on the roster with 11 of them being D'ends so I don't think adding another big guy is the way they'll go.

Linebacker is a different story though. The Saints have DDavis#56 but after that it's anyone's guess.

I'm thinking that another veteran presence at LB is needed.

I'm sort of thinking the same way. The Saints currently have 15 defensive linemen on the roster with 11 of them being D'ends so I don't think adding another big guy is the way they'll go.

Linebacker is a different story though. The Saints have DDavis#56 but after that it's anyone's guess.

I'm thinking that another veteran presence at LB is needed.
Exactly. If my car needed brakes, I would rather buy brakes, then tint the windows. Needs before wants. We now have DD, 2 injured in AA/Kiko (although AA says he’s healthy....I still don’t trust it), a rookie LB who won’t have a mini camp. I trust what we have at DE right now. Can’t say that for LB

If you were able to have a superbowl "guaranteed", then trading all of your draft picks over the next 15 years would be worth it. I don't even think that is a debate. Most franchises only have 1 or no superbowls in their history

if we had the money then Logan Ryan, great dude here in Nashville and a real leader plus just a damn good CB. I would also like to be able to afford Marcell Darreus.. but we are window shopping for either. No real need.

Ty Montgomery could be a lot of good things for us and true insurance for Kamara. Definitely affordable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom