If the Saints are going to bring anyone up from the PS, it should be... (1 Viewer)

In the old forum there was a thread discussing if the saints will look for a receiver early in next year's draft. My answer was that it will all depend on the development of Lyman.

We don't know a thing about Chase or other players that are in the practice squad. This would be a great question for Mike Detillier: How is Chase doing and if he thinks there is a chance we will see him in a game this season.

It was your post that you're referring to there, that got me thinking so much about this. This would be a great question for Mike D. Hopefully someone will ask it. I've posted a ton of questions to him through this site, but he never replies to mine. Does Mike D. really have inside info on the Saints, or is just a football guy?

Obviously they picked up Copper because Payton knows he is better than Lyman. Lyman has never played a snap in an NFL regular season game yet yall have him being the big red zone threat and playing in the slot. We have our red zone threat. His name is Colston based on his 6 TDs. Give up the Lyman talk.

Obviously they picked up Copper because Payton knows he is better than Lyman. Lyman has never played a snap in an NFL regular season game yet yall have him being the big red zone threat and playing in the slot. We have our red zone threat. His name is Colston based on his 6 TDs. Give up the Lyman talk.

Someone has to replace Devery. Not unusual to discuss our other options. If its not Copper then it may be Lyman. To be honest I don't care who it is as long as they can catch.

I know this thread is about Lymann or really our third WR, but I just don't understand about Devery. How can no one have any info on what is going on with him. Was he at least active for last weeks game?? It just doesn't make sense that no one has any word on what his status is.

Lyman released from practice squad...."Meanwhile, New Orleans released wide receiver Chase Lyman, a 2005 fourth-round draft choice, from its practice roster. The team re-signed wide receiver Lance Moore, who had been released last week when wide receiver Michael Lewis was activated from the Physically Unable to Perform list, to replace Lyman on the practice roster." (at bottom of second page) http://www.nola.com/sportsflash/sai...6242077732250.xml&storylist=saints&thispage=2

I know this thread is about Lymann or really our third WR, but I just don't understand about Devery. How can no one have any info on what is going on with him. Was he at least active for last weeks game?? It just doesn't make sense that no one has any word on what his status is.

He was active last week. Finally got in at the end of the game and proceeded to drop a crucial 3rd down pass that killed one of our attempted comeback drives.

Something had to of happened at practice in the past few weeks because its pretty clear hes either a) deep in the doghouse...or b) the coaches just don't feel hes good enough to start.

Lyman released from practice squad...."Meanwhile, New Orleans released wide receiver Chase Lyman, a 2005 fourth-round draft choice, from its practice roster. The team re-signed wide receiver Lance Moore, who had been released last week when wide receiver Michael Lewis was activated from the Physically Unable to Perform list, to replace Lyman on the practice roster." (at bottom of second page) http://www.nola.com/sportsflash/sai...6242077732250.xml&storylist=saints&thispage=2

That sucks. I really saw some potential for Lyman but then again Lance Moore out performed Lyman in camp and I am not dissapointed in Lance Moore being re-signed. I think Moore will eventually contribute to this team. I wont be shocked to see Lyman end up with the Rams.

He was active last week. Finally got in at the end of the game and proceeded to drop a crucial 3rd down pass that killed one of our attempted comeback drives.

Something had to of happened at practice in the past few weeks because its pretty clear hes either a) deep in the doghouse...or b) the coaches just don't feel hes good enough to start.

Thanks, I didn't realize that. I just thought with the way he started the season that he would be worth something more than some of those starting ahead of him, as in jamal jones and copper (other than their ST abilities of course).

I have never been impressed with Lyman. The guy is made of glass and has not been impressive to go along with that.

The Chase Lyman project is officially over.

I truly don't believe your gonna see em bring up anyone from the PS...unless absolutely necessary...remember...someone will have to be cut or put on IR to open a spot for the PS receipient to fill....

I'm wondering what's the deal with Henderson....I saw the hit he took live and it was pretty bad...a bruised shoulder...hmmmm...it must have been really badly bruised to miss 5 weeks...he would be a candidate for IR if anyone...:9:

The Times Picayune this morning, Thurs. 11/2, indicated that Chase was released from the PS and Lance Moore took his spot.

Last edited:
Now we know Lyman won't be the one. Still, someone regularly should ocupy the third receiver spot. Henderson, Lewis, Moore, Copper, anyone. We really need one to step up, specially now that we are almost playing without a tight end.

I truly don't believe your gonna see em bring up anyone from the PS...unless absolutely necessary...remember...someone will have to be cut or put on IR to open a spot for the PS receipient to fill....

I'm wondering what's the deal with Henderson....I saw the hit he took live and it was pretty bad...a bruised shoulder...hmmmm...it must have been really badly bruised to miss 5 weeks...he would be a candidate for IR if anyone...:9:

I don't think the injury is a problem. It was just a bruise. People play bruised all the time.

Maybe hes playing scared like Stallworth after he had his big hit in Seattle. I wish the coach would just let us know whats going on already.

I told you Lyman was not the answer. The Saints have released him from the practice squad to make room for Lance Moore who they cut last week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom