If the Saints could sign one more decent player what position should they address? (1 Viewer)

For me it would be either tight end or defensive tackle. While most of you would probably say no to a Jared Cook reunion (Even I can't forget the 2020 Playoffs against TB), for 1 year I'd take a flyer on him for cheap for one more chance to chase another Super Bowl. I think solidifying the defensive tackle position is a little more important and I would love to have Suh but we all know he's a mercenary that's all about dollars the Saints don't have.
Easy answer for me especially after last years apocalypse of a injury list. Give me J.C Tretter as you can never have enough olineman and where the game is truly won and lost in the trenches.

OG
Kwon
TE

I don't buy RB being a need or finding a FA that fill that void regardless.

Resigning Kwon. Also, I hear we need a tackling dummy and that Eli Apple is available.

The only ‘need’ is a solid third LB. We have our TEs, Offensive Linemen, and Defensive Linemen for this year. Whatever RB we sign is competing for a spot just like Freeman was last year before he was a final roster cut.

Not all remaining FAs are upgrades after we landed two Pro Bowlers Mathieu and Landry this late in FA. 16m cap space will get put to use but just hope it’s not spent for the sake of feeling like we need to take care of positions that are already crowded with players competing. Next FA we sign is not walking into a starting job or significant snaps unless it’s Kwon.

There are very good odds some decent vets at RB become available closer to the season. I say the saints will see what they have in doors until then, shouldn’t be an issue come week 1.

I’d hope besides that they go get Kwon, but if that doesn’t work I’d rather them just save the money and work on extensions.

We are fine with who we have at RB, TE, OL and DL. Doesn’t really make sense to sign more 3rd string backups just to sign more FAs. A lot of FAs are good on name basis from past play but started falling off recently.

Outside of Kwon, none of these players are upgrading players and decent enough to have a secured spot if signed. Looks like preseason competition. Eric Ebron may be the only other one but still isn’t significantly better than Hill and Trautman. We’re too late in FA to think we’re still getting more impressive FAs after Tyrann and Juice. We have good depth at every position now from our past drafts and past UDFA signings.

2078C3E6-D0A1-4DBB-BCBB-DC4030A91C75.jpeg

6EEADB3A-8707-4694-B2A2-F8F24CCDA90A.jpeg

EA5D67BD-A8E2-4C77-9E73-BABFDC2A7A66.jpeg

4F7C4D04-1741-4010-A680-7750A50678CD.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom