If the Saints could sign one more decent player what position should they address? (1 Viewer)

RB and/or interior OL. The two things that could derail our offense are injuries/suspensions at RB or injuries/lack of progress on the interior OL. So, either one of those spots would be the spots to go for me. None of our TEs are great, but they all have the potential to get/be better than last year. There isn't much upside, outside of Ruiz (not looking good), on the interior OL.

I think we are fine at DT with a decent rotation. We don't have any amazing players, but we have a lot of guys ranging from very good (Onyemata) to solid. So, barring a really good player getting cut I don't see much upgrade there.
Agree 100% RB and G

Wow! Kwon's only 27?
He is a little brittle though. But we're not going to find anybody better.

We are fine with who we have at RB, TE, OL and DL. Doesn’t really make sense to sign more 3rd string backups just to sign more FAs. A lot of FAs are good on name basis from past play but started falling off recently.

Outside of Kwon, none of these players are upgrading players and decent enough to have a secured spot if signed. Looks like preseason competition. Eric Ebron may be the only other one but still isn’t significantly better than Hill and Trautman. We’re too late in FA to think we’re still getting more impressive FAs after Tyrann and Juice. We have good depth at every position now from our past drafts and past UDFA signings.

2078C3E6-D0A1-4DBB-BCBB-DC4030A91C75.jpeg

6EEADB3A-8707-4694-B2A2-F8F24CCDA90A.jpeg

EA5D67BD-A8E2-4C77-9E73-BABFDC2A7A66.jpeg

4F7C4D04-1741-4010-A680-7750A50678CD.jpeg
Wouldn’t see me cry if we picked up Joe Schobert. Still young as he just turned 28 and he produces with big plays either by interception or forced fumbles and the one negative on Kwon is always having bad luck with injuries whereas Schobert has stayed healthy. Kid would help us right now as it’s the one position besides qb which can’t afford a injury to as of right now. Now that I’m finishing writing this, Hell bring em both in 😂

1) RB

AK may be facing a possible 6 game suspension. MI ain’t gettin any younger. So far,TJJ ihas been an injury lookin fo a place to happen! Abram Smith has potential, but is young.

So sign Darrel Williams. Still young, only 27, wit lotsa thread left on his tires. Had his best season last year, with over 1000 yds from scrimmage. Physical between the tackles runner, but also caught 47 passes in 2021, nearly 10 ypc.

2) Resign Kwon. Still injury prone, but if healthy, he can make this year’s D even better!!!

3) DT? Maybe? Hard to say, cause we rotate so many players on da D line. But Onyemata is by far our best DT. Adding a player like Hicks at DT would take some snaps off of DO.

TE is probably the weakest position on the team right now. But I think DA looks to see improvement from the group, esp from Trautman n Juwan. He also made it clear that, once healthy, Taysom will play more at TE this season. Too early to eval UDFA TE Lucas Krull. But he’s big n pretty athletic, so we’ll see.

No need to bring in an OG. IMO, we got enough talent in house to play the position, esp to compete wit Ruiz at RG! Gimme any decent OT, n I promise, you can kick him inside to play G! I’d love to see Landon Young compete with Ruiz at RG. Obviously, he still needs some work n development, esp in pass pro. But as a former first team All SEC player at LT, he’s got a good skill set to work with. Meanwhile, he’s got the potential to be a flat out MAULER in the run game!

Again, jus my 3 cents ( adjusted for inflation)

😂😂😂

Kwon, Akem Hicks but I think we burnt that bridge long ago.

1. Tight end--the weakest position on the team by far. Need rating: 9.5.

2. Running back--The probability is high that Kamara will miss a substantial portion of the 2022 season because of suspension. But we need only a backup, and there may be someone on the roster who can fill in. Need rating: 7.5.

3. Offensive guard--We have invested four first-round picks and a second-round pick in the offensive line. Ruiz in year three will hopefully be at least average. Need rating: 6.0.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom