If the Saints could sign one more decent player what position should they address? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
For me it would be either tight end or defensive tackle. While most of you would probably say no to a Jared Cook reunion (Even I can't forget the 2020 Playoffs against TB), for 1 year I'd take a flyer on him for cheap for one more chance to chase another Super Bowl. I think solidifying the defensive tackle position is a little more important and I would love to have Suh but we all know he's a mercenary that's all about dollars the Saints don't have.

RB and/or interior OL. The two things that could derail our offense are injuries/suspensions at RB or injuries/lack of progress on the interior OL. So, either one of those spots would be the spots to go for me. None of our TEs are great, but they all have the potential to get/be better than last year. There isn't much upside, outside of Ruiz (not looking good), on the interior OL.

I think we are fine at DT with a decent rotation. We don't have any amazing players, but we have a lot of guys ranging from very good (Onyemata) to solid. So, barring a really good player getting cut I don't see much upgrade there.

Running back, Saints don’t know how long or when about Kamara’s suspension

Having a tight end who could get open and catch a pass, that would be nice. Hopefully a solid veteran gets released by another team during preseason.

RB and DT. It looks like they like the guys they have at DT but I'd love to see another disrupter in the middle. My reasoning is that with our outside pass rush a QB's only hope is to step up into the pocket or roll out. With a pass rush up the middle there wouldn't be a pocket to step into. And with Davis, Werner, CJG, Honey Badger, and co on the field, good luck rolling out and scrambling. We now have the athletes to defend that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom