Poll If the Saints fail to get to the Super Bowl in 2020, what should the next plan of action be? (1 Viewer)

If the Saints fail to get to the Super Bowl in 2020, what should the next plan of action be?

• Total voters
Wait a sec. you’re saying 7-9 season is the same as a division round playoff loss?!?
No, but the team continues to lose in the playoffs.

Start full rebuild? Does the OP even realize we have rebuilt the team already, which is why we are and have been in the Super Bowl conversation for the last 3yrs.

Well like 31 other teams do during the offseason....get better than the previous season. Really a very generic question.

Start full rebuild? Does the OP even realize we have rebuilt the team already, which is why we are and have been in the Super Bowl conversation for the last 3yrs.
Yes, I realized that.

Well like 31 other teams do during the offseason....get better than the previous season. Really a very generic question.
Not really

If the Saints don't win it all this year and Drew retires, I think you keep the team together and try to win with Taysom. There should still be enough talent to make another run with the next QB. We saw this last season when Drew was out. Teddy came in and they still had the talent to find a way to win games against some quality teams.

I've always thought that we'd have to blow it all up after Drew but there's just too much talent on the roster for that now. We have top 5 players at their position all over the field. And most of them are in their prime. You couldn't ask for a better foundation to build on.

This exactly, except without just anointing Taysom. Bring in a legit real QB for him to compete with (IE Winston).

But yeah, I don't think we're going to have to blow it up. With an average QB this team is a playoff team. With a good QB, if we can conjure one up from the pile of Taysom, Winston, and whoever we acquire next offseason, we would remain a Super Bowl contender. Maybe not one of the favorites, but a team with a chance.

There are a lot of factors but whether winning or not winning, the mindset is going to be the same. Drew might retire, or he might not. Taysom might be the guy or he might not. Winning the Super Bowl might influence some decision.

Here ya go.
Get to the Super Bowl in 2021.

No, but the team continues to lose in the playoffs.
There are 32 teams. Only 1 can win the SB each year. Yes, we want to be that team. But making it to the playoffs is still an Achievement. You’re lessening that achievement, which frankly isn’t fair. It’s okay to be disappointed at how our seasons have ended. But it’s not fair to lump them in the same category as a 7-9 season, which is what you seem to be doing without actually saying that’s what you’re doing.

This exactly, except without just anointing Taysom. Bring in a legit real QB for him to compete with (IE Winston).

But yeah, I don't think we're going to have to blow it up. With an average QB this team is a playoff team. With a good QB, if we can conjure one up from the pile of Taysom, Winston, and whoever we acquire next offseason, we would remain a Super Bowl contender. Maybe not one of the favorites, but a team with a chance.

I don't know about Taysom's long term viability as the starting QB but with the team as currently constructed I think we could make some noise short term running an offense suited to him. Something similar to what Greg Roman has used with Colin Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor, and Lamar Jackson. I know that type of offense is a drastic departure from what Sean Payton has run all these years but that's why it could work. Teams wouldn't be ready for it.

But that style of offense goes against SP's DNA. I know he could draw it up but I don't think he has the patience for it.

Here ya go.

There are 32 teams. Only 1 can win the SB each year. Yes, we want to be that team. But making it to the playoffs is still an Achievement. You’re lessening that achievement, which frankly isn’t fair. It’s okay to be disappointed at how our seasons have ended. But it’s not fair to lump them in the same category as a 7-9 season, which is what you seem to be doing without actually saying that’s what you’re doing.
Explain to me why it isn't fair?

You roll with Taysom at QB. The team is built for long-term success. With $20-30M extra from Brees contract we could be even stronger. Just need a great backup QB to protect against injury to Taysom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom