Poll If the Saints fail to get to the Super Bowl in 2020, what should the next plan of action be? (1 Viewer)

If the Saints fail to get to the Super Bowl in 2020, what should the next plan of action be?

• Total voters

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
This applies if they go to the NFCG or have a 7-9 season.
Or another one and done like last season.

OWOwlKo0zE9a-HJXJk2VwE6NZnujaR2dNTIJuVljIaudr02dlArnwYIl5NzR-r8rFcodFeJPmcCmE148kDJEKvz4TVp4OkeOzSrcD9l9Gv5kur8XfvBMxP3Bo5TPCO04TfMEzNOEk8xUGSF5rk3eqx-oP0numeqKaaA

Well, hopefully Drew would return, assuming he still played well. But that's going to be up to him. As for Taysom or Watson, or Winston, or whoever.. that's going to be an open competition, I think. Taysom might have the upper hand and be given the best shot to win the role, but he's still going to have to earn it. Full rebuild? Why?? We've got a great roster. Bottom line, the plan will remain the same, just have to find someone to play QB.

Just run with the core we have till the wheels fall off (because it's a really good core) and accept that we may be the 2000s Chargers (led by Rivers, LT, and all that talent they had) of the late 2010s-early 2020 and go down as a super talented team that never got over the hump*

*with a huge asterisk being that we were robbed in 2018

If the Saints don't win it all this year and Drew retires, I think you keep the team together and try to win with Taysom. There should still be enough talent to make another run with the next QB. We saw this last season when Drew was out. Teddy came in and they still had the talent to find a way to win games against some quality teams.

I've always thought that we'd have to blow it all up after Drew but there's just too much talent on the roster for that now. We have top 5 players at their position all over the field. And most of them are in their prime. You couldn't ask for a better foundation to build on.

If the Saints don't win it all this year and Drew retires, I think you keep the team together and try to win with Taysom. There should still be enough talent to make another run with the next QB. We saw this last season when Drew was out. Teddy came in and they still had the talent to find a way to win games against some quality teams.

I've always thought that we'd have to blow it all up after Drew but there's just too much talent on the roster for that now. We have top 5 players at their position all over the field. And most of them are in their prime. You couldn't ask for a better foundation to build on.
Pretty much this. Just roll with Taysom. We're already built to move on after Drew.

Should Drew’s play drop off and he retires, depending on how Winston improves mentally and mechanically this year I can easily see him taking over or at least a 1-2 contract and draft a future QB.

If we let Winston go and run with Taysom I think CSP can make it work but he will have to go against everything he’s done previously and actually run the ball close to if not more than 50% of the time. It would be an offense like Carolina’s in the early Cam Newton days. Run the ball, play action passes, roll outs with the option to throw or run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom