If the Saints fail to make the playoffs, but Jameis Winston put up the following numbers (2 Viewers)

With those numbers, I'll just assume that our defense crapped the bed the entire season. But honestly if he achieves those marks I bet we will have a double digit win total. 12-5 or 11-6

4,457 passing yards,33 TD passes 13 ints
Do they re-sign him?

If he has those numbers and we don't make the playoffs its because Covid came back and the playoffs were canceled or we had our team die in a plane crash.

With those numbers, Winston wins MVP.

If he hits those numbers in his 1st full year running the offense, why would this even be a question? He'd be only 27 years old with a ceiling through the roof. He would have done it with a less talented team than Brees had the last two years. We have way less depth now.

He would also be way more affordable than Russell Wison or Aaron Rodgers. You would would have to gut the team even further to sign one of them long term. You better hope we re-sign him if you want to win.

I've been a proponent of getting Russell next year if Jameis doesn't work out, but how great would it be to beat TB with their throw away QB? And win the SB with him?!!! The only thing that would make that better is if we could somehow rub it in Atlanta's face as well.....

That would surpass Brees' first year with us.

If Winston puts up those type numbers and we still don't make the playoffs it will be an indication that we have some serious defensive issues where we can't keep other teams out of the end zone. If that were the case you can't blame Winston so my view is to resign him and work on areas that need shoring up.

If Winston puts up those type numbers and we still don't make the playoffs it will be an indication that we have some serious defensive issues where we can't keep other teams out of the end zone. If that were the case you can't blame Winston so my view is to resign him and work on areas that need shoring up.

Coaching, for sure. That would fall completely in coaching, and we have to give Brees a pass, somewhat, and realize that Sean and Dennis are failing.

Still, not the first year. Just think they would be on notice. Took Brees and Sean, with an autonomous DC, a few years to get us over the hump

Maybe we look into a DC that's not Sean's understudy, if this doesn't work.

You need to see playoff Jameis before handing him a contract. Can’t answer this question. Playoffs are a different animal. I mean still sign him but look at other options also.

I don’t really care about yards. If he throws for only 13 INTs in a 17 game season, and runs the offense well then sign him.

Better yet, if he shows any signature traits that are hints of greatness then sign him. For example, Brees was masterful at manipulating zones and safeties whatever the coverage. And he could really enter “the zone” where he was unstoppable. It’s why we didn’t need a top flight receiver.

If Jameis can find this within his game then who cares about the past?

I’ve been really critical of him based off of his history. But I would much rather he succeed than not! And we can eat so many W’s!

I'm team Jameis, but this is so true lolz.

Coaching, for sure. That would fall completely in coaching, and we have to give Brees a pass, somewhat, and realize that Sean and Dennis are failing.

Still, not the first year. Just think they would be on notice. Took Brees and Sean, with an autonomous DC, a few years to get us over the hump

Maybe we look into a DC that's not Sean's understudy, if this doesn't work.
I have mixed feelings on DA. I am giving another pass because we have been trying to get more production from our assistants when positions seem to flatten out. I think with what looks like tailoring to a simpler, more athletic, lunch pail attacking defense will work well with our players and we have gathered players fitting exactly that mold on D. So, I will pass judgment on DA another year...LOL. (A bit off the topic of the OP, but wanted to spew that...haha).

4,457 passing yards,33 TD passes 13 ints
Do they re-sign him?
for me he could have those numbers or better and still not be the answer he could have less than you proppose and be the next great its attitude that makes you special . HERES TOO OUR NEXT GREAT OB...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom