If the saints happen to lose... (1 Viewer)

If the saints happen to lose . . . I won't be coming on this board for a few days. :)

Seriously, it'll hurt, but it won't be the end of the season or anything.

If the Saints lose... well, it's part of the game. The worst thing is, it will give the naysayers a chance to say "I told you so." Also, it's a conference game, on the road, against a team Payton and Co hopefully will be competing against for playoff position.

So let's not even entertain the thought of a loss here. Chins UP!

I'm sorry, if the Saints happen to lose?? If the Saints happen to lose? Don't you dare bring a shot of reality onto this board!

Good sir kindly take your pessimism elsewhere

(But leave your avatar with me!) :9:

Just like Greeny said earlier this morning. '' If we are a serious team like we think we are, we will win ''. Nuff said..

I like how a game in week 2 that almost every single person, even those predicting playoffs, had marked down as a loss in all the prediction threads is now suddenly a must win.

There's nothing must win about this game. It's a game we should and need to win, but we aren't doomed to an 8 win season if we lose in Philly.

As much as I'd love for the Saints to win this game, it is by no means a disgrace to lose it. The Eagles are a very good team and we will be traveling to their homefield to play them. We can still have a very successful season without winning this particular game.

I like how a game in week 2 that almost every single person, even those predicting playoffs, had marked down as a loss in all the prediction threads is now suddenly a must win.

There's nothing must win about this game. It's a game we should and need to win, but we aren't doomed to an 8 win season if we lose to Saints.

Fixed

Glad to see some reasonable fans around here. I feel the same way if we lose Sunday. Both are still very good teams, me thinks:9:

It's a matter of how the Saints play that will determine what I think about them. If Klob racks up on our D I will feel very uneasy. Lets face it the Eagles D is a very good unit and has been for a while. It plays with an intensity / swagger that our D is trying to develop. When the schedule came out I thought we had an excellent chance of being 3-1 at the bye and the Eagles is where I thought we'd get our L at. Now after preseason and the opener I feel better about our chance playing at the LINC. Part of me wishes for a healthy DMac so we would have a better evaluation of our D. With Kolb in I see the advantage going to us, slightly. Though I don't see it as a blow out unless there are a lot of mistakes by the Eagles D. I think the tipping point will be special team play from each side.

Last edited:

There's nothing must win about this game. It's a game we should and need to win, but we aren't doomed to an 8 win season if we lose in Philly.

Well said Bonchie.. :9:

If Mcnabb were playing, I could understand a loss, but with Kolb we should win this game. Now, there is no comparison, besides QB, which is probablly pretty even, they are a much better in every area than Detroit, not to mention its in Philly. I wouldnt call this a must win in week 2, especially because were 1-0 already, But this is the year, if we want to be an elite team, we must take advantage of Mcnabbs injury and win this game. The only thing that worries me a little bit, is their pass rush, we might have to keep an extra blocker in, which might slow down our offense down a bit, but this is why you run the ball! 27-13

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom