If the Saints have a very high pick... (1 Viewer)

By the way, Fanspeak's mock draft machine has us picking 4th right now:

Just ran one for the halibut (yeah, "one"), got this:

4: R1P4​
EDGE MYLES GARRETT
TEXAS A&M

36: R2P4​
DL JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA

68: R3P4​
G DORIAN JOHNSON
PITTSBURGH

106: R4P4​
QB C.J. BEATHARD
IOWA

183: R6P4​
CB JEREMY CUTRER
MIDDLE TENNESSEE

222: R7P4​
TE PHAZAHN ODOM
FORDHAM

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator

Safe to say this won't happen. But if it did, our defensive line woes would be solved from here until eternity.
I don't want us to draft C.J Beatherd. I think it'll just be a wasted pick especially in the fourth round. Don't think he'll be any better than Grayson.

We have Brees. I dont want us looking at a QB until Brees announces its his last year. Until then forget about it. Why draft a replacement guy early who might bust? or just for the sake of getting one. Forget about it.

We have had 2 losing seasons in a row and might be on #3. Once Brees is gone, we have plenty more so whats another year to find a QB.

Get this defense sorted out ASAP and give the guy a chance to go out on top.

No way 6 contributors out of 5 drafts is well above league average. Not a chance

I am willing to do the work for one division if you want to do another, but I bet you will be surprised (some of those drafts were just bad for all teams). Which Division you want and which division do you want me to do? (staying within that time frame 2010-14 and only counting players still on the 53 with the team that drafted them).

Perhaps I will just start with the NFC East

Eagles Drafts 2010 -2014
48 Players Drafted
14 Still with the team
5 from the 2014 Draft
2.5 players per Draft Average (from 2010 to 2013)

Giants Drafts 2010 -2014
36 Players Drafted
8 Still with the team
5 from the 2014 Draft
0.75 players per Draft Average (from 2010 to 2013)

Redskins Drafts 2010 -2014
42 Players Drafted
11 Still with the team
5 from the 2014 Draft
1.5 players per Draft Average (from 2010 to 2013)

Cowgirls Drafts 2010 -2014
37 Players Drafted
11 Still with the team
2 from the 2014 Draft
2.25 players per Draft Average (from 2010 to 2013)

Our number 1 problem is no consistent push or pass-rush from our front 4! Fairley, Davidson, Jenkins, Jordan and/or Tapp. And sorry, but I don't see an overdrafts rookie in Rankims getting back and making things all of the sudden start to click!

Good consistent push up front will help our abysmal CBs

From what I am seeing so far. We had a bad 2014 draft class and abandoned it a year early. Other than that we may be a keeper-pick below average from 2010-2013 which is easily explained by the draft theft by the league in 2012.

But all that may simply be us trying to get younger and rebuild keeping more UDFAs and more players from the last two drafts.

Goff was drafted 1. He looks terrible in preseason and can't beat out Keenum.
Wentz. Looks fantastic.
Lynch. Drafted round 1, can't beat out Semien, who looks tremendous.
Dak- Drafted 4th round, the Cowboys actually wanted Cook, settled for Adam, he looks great.

Just so hard to tell with QBs.

Point being no way I'd draft a QB early to sit behind Drew, when it's just as likely
that his replacement could come from a later round (see Dak and Semien).

LB or DE. No question about it.

High pick? I think you're forgetting about our annual December hot streak, where we blow up our draft spot for moral victories. I bet we catch fire in December again, it's kind of our thing

We have Brees. I dont want us looking at a QB until Brees announces its his last year. Until then forget about it. Why draft a replacement guy early who might bust? or just for the sake of getting one. Forget about it.

I agree with this.

The days of drafting a guy high and letting him sit for 2 years are over. There's very little point anymore. Especially when it behooves a team to have a QB who's on a cheap rookie deal for the next 4 years. The most successful new QBs in the league have been allowed to start as rookies.

I think the moment Drew retires, we draft his replacement (and maybe double dip in the mid-rounds) and go with it. Until then, I don't want to spend anymore picks on QBs.

High pick? I think you're forgetting about our annual December hot streak, where we blow up our draft spot for moral victories. I bet we catch fire in December again, it's kind of our thing
This!

Eagles Drafts 2010 -2014
48 Players Drafted
14 Still with the team
5 from the 2014 Draft
2.5 players per Draft Average (from 2010 to 2013)

Giants Drafts 2010 -2014
36 Players Drafted
8 Still with the team
5 from the 2014 Draft
0.75 players per Draft Average (from 2010 to 2013)

Redskins Drafts 2010 -2014
42 Players Drafted
11 Still with the team
5 from the 2014 Draft
1.5 players per Draft Average (from 2010 to 2013)

Cowgirls Drafts 2010 -2014
37 Players Drafted
11 Still with the team
2 from the 2014 Draft
2.25 players per Draft Average (from 2010 to 2013)

Nice post, but it does seem like our drafts suck lately. I mean we got 2 #1 picks under performing right now, and a 2nd round corner no longer on the team.

Your call. I think he's got as good a shot as anyone.
I just don't think he'd be worth a fourth rounder when he'd be nothing but a 3rd stringer or backup at most, even studying under Drew I don't think he'd the man to replace him. I think if we was to draft a QB as Drews replacement then it'd need to be 1-2nd round. But given the state of our Defense that doesn't seem to be an option now. You can still score great players in round 4, but I'd rather look for Old-Line or Defense than a QB this year. Unless it's Mahomes but chances are he won't be there after the early rounds and ofcourse we need D in those.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom