If the Saints were to sign a LT in free agency... (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
If the Saints were to sign a LT in free agency and one of the top 3 LT's were available at pick 15, do you think they would still pick a LT in the draft?

I would hope so, because even if they sign a LT in free agency (Charges LT Jared Gaither), that would still be only a short term solution.

What do you think?

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

If the Saints were to sign a LT in free agency and one of the top 3 LT's were available at pick 15, do you think they would still pick a LT in the draft?

I would hope so, because even if they sign a LT in free agency (Charges LT Jared Gaither), that would still be only a short term solution.

What do you think?

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Yep.... probably in the later rounds.

Charles Browns Problem is availability..and not talent. So you bring in a Veteran that can compete or claim the Job. However since CB is in the last year of his rookie contract id Draft someone in the later rounds to develop because after next year you would be in the same hole so to avoid that yeah i think u draft a 3rd guy. Heard Marcel Jones was in the mix too.

What do you think?

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

I hope our front office is smart enough to stay as far away from Gaither as possible. The dude is a con artist.

We have too many positions of need to spend in FA and draft the same position in the first round. If there was a later round LT, then i would be fine with it.

I hope our front office is smart enough to stay as far away from Gaither as possible. The dude is a con artist.

We have too many positions of need to spend in FA and draft the same position in the first round. If there was a later round LT, then i would be fine with it.

I know. I wouldn't want Gaither either, but I was just thinking if the Saints did find a LT in free agency, they would have to know it would be a short term fix to the problem. And at pick 15, if one of the 3 top LT's are available, even though they had just picked up a LT in free agency, I would hope they would pull the trigger on him and draft him. The Saints have taken chances in the past on drafting LT's and guards in later rounds, but again, if one of the top three LT's are there at 15, I would hope they would draft him, like Luke Joeckel, , Lane Johnson, or Eric Fisher.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

I wonder if Saints would think of bringing back Jammal Brown back on a one year deal?

Brown is one of the few players in the Payton era that left chewing on sour grapes so I doubt it. Plus I think the whole reason was because Payton did not envision him as anything but a RT where he was a stud indeed.

The Saints need to stay away from Gaither. It isn't worth even using him as a temporary fix.

What do you think?

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Since whoever we sign at this point will be at a dollar store price, sure, nothing about it would preclude taking a tackle.

The real question is even if they did draft a great OT prospect at #15, would you trust a rookie with Brees weakside?

I say they bring in a 3rd rounder and try to develop him. In the meantime look for us to pick up a F/A who is:
a. cheap (less than 1 mil)
b. non injury prone
c. experienced/older

Max Starks maybe. 32 years old - been injured only a couple times in his career. Played a lot of games. Steelers payed him less than 1 mil last year and he started every game!

He seems like a good fit for the saints passing game. Apparently he has no mobility, so he doen't bring much to the running game - but then Jermon was never "quick" either. He just used to stand in there like a stone golem and give brees time.

Also wanted to add that as another "legacy player" who has had a really successful career, he might could teach a lot to the likes of toon, ingram and jordan. Hes definitely an articulate man and could help some of these dudes get their heads on straight. Check out this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv_M7n5tNm0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom