If the Saints win this Sunday versus the Bears do we play the following Sunday (1 Viewer)

Seattle, rams, or bucs. Only team we won't play is Washington as they are the lowest seed and will go to green bay no matter the outcome if they win.

nfl-playoff-bracket-2021_b9nl4knx95at186fazrhazpz5.jpgStudy the bracket closely. If Seattle wins, we most assuredly play them in the second round because the rest of the field is seeded below Seattle. Forget how you see the lines drawn; they're drawn differently for nearly every bracket you Google right now. Highest seeds play the lowest remaining seeds, thus 1 would play either 4 or 5 and we (as the 2) would play the 3.

If the Rams (as the 6) win, then 1 would play 6 and we (as the 2) would play the Tampa/Washington winner next.

Seattle, rams, or bucs. Only team we won't play is Washington as they are the lowest seed and will go to green bay no matter the outcome if they win.

That's not correct. Record does not equate to seed. Washington is the #4. The only team we cannot play in Round 2 is LA because they are #6. Green Bay gets the lowest seed of all of the remaining teams.

But we would play Sunday and not Saturday, correct?

Trying to decide if family is going to rent a suite at the Dome next weekend and the only day that works for us is Saturday, but i'm pretty sure we're going to play on Sunday if we win this week.

That's wrong. We will only see the Rams in a championship game. It is either Washington, Bucs, or Seattle. If it plays out by seed then we will play Seattle.

Would love to know if anyone knows what day we are playing also

nfl-playoff-bracket-2021_b9nl4knx95at186fazrhazpz5.jpgStudy the bracket closely. If Seattle wins, we most assuredly play them in the second round because the rest of the field is seeded below Seattle. Forget how you see the lines drawn; they're drawn differently for nearly every bracket you Google right now. Highest seeds play the lowest remaining seeds, thus 1 would play either 4 or 5 and we (as the 2) would play the 3.

If the Rams (as the 6) win, then 1 would play 6 and we (as the 2) would play the Tampa/Washington winner next.

Correct. The best way to view the NFL playoff bracket is to look at it as if the goal is to give the best teams the easiest path to the Super Bowl as possible. Each round will be the highest seeds playing the lowest seeds they can possibly play.

It is impossible for us to know who we will play next week, but I would say the odds are that it will very likely be Seattle at home.

Would love to know if anyone knows what day we are playing also

In the pre-14 team playoff days, usually the bye week teams would know their date by now, but since virtually everyone is playing this weekend, I'd imagine the league won't determine/announce this until sometime Sunday evening, just like week 17.

That's not right. If the Saints win, the only team they cannot play is the Rams as the #6 seed. Washington and Tompa Bay are interchangable with the winner going to Green Bay if all seeds hold serve, and a lower seed going to Green Bay if there's an upset by the Rams.

SFIAH

Pretty Simple... GB gets to play the lowest remaining seed at home next week... Since NO, SEA, and TB will win.... That means next week will be:

SEA at NO
TB at GB

That's not right. If the Saints win, the only team they cannot play is the Rams as the #6 seed. Washington and Tompa Bay are interchangable with the winner going to Green Bay if all seeds hold serve, and a lower seed going to Green Bay if there's an upset by the Rams.

SFIAH

True. I wasnt thinking about division winners, I was looking at records. My bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom