NFL "If The Season Ended Today..." - WEEK 1 (1 Viewer)

Strength of Schedule comes into play even before the point differential. Two other teams in their division (which they will be playing twice each) are also undefeated.
Here is one of several playoff status websites that have all the formulas built in to the outcomes of the games each week.

Let me guess - they built in bias AGAINST the Saints...

Damn you, Roger!!!!!!

Well here is ESPN's playoff standings for what it's worth and they have explanations.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 2.37.34 PM.png
Yeah... the more sites I visit, the more I see different explanations given as to who actually owns the tiebreaker right now.
I guess I'm just glad that the season won't be determined exclusively by what happened in Week 1. But if I were a Washington fan, I'd be taking a photo of your ESPN link right now so that they can have something to hang their hat on before Week 2 plays out. :hihi:

Yeah... the more sites I visit, the more I see different explanations given as to who actually owns the tiebreaker right now.
I guess I'm just glad that the season won't be determined exclusively by what happened in Week 1. But if I were a Washington fan, I'd be taking a photo of your ESPN link right now so that they can have something to hang their hat on before Week 2 plays out. :hihi:

Yea just call it a championship for them and quit the season lol

Wait. Why 7 this year? Are they doing what the NBA did?

Wait. Why 7 this year? Are they doing what the NBA did?
The owners are trying to make up for some of the lost revenue from the cancelled preseason games.

Oh, gotcha. Of course it’s about $$. Lol.
When you consider the TV demand for a playoff game over two lost home preseason games, my guess is that monetarily speaking it is a pretty good trade-off for the owners... particularly if the stadiums can be opened back up to paying spectators by then. :scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom