NFL "If The Season Ended Today..." - WEEK 2 (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Week 2 was not a fun game to watch. Our Saints practically packed it in after the first quarter and left us all wondering if we've been duped once again into thinking that this is 'the year'. While I can't answer that question, I do know that looking at these standings makes me realize just how big Sunday's game is against the Packers who come to our house with an unblemished record and a world of momentum. And this week's standings should also help Who Dat! fans to see that it's not the end of the world just yet... as some seem to feel. Though the panic has already begun, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on a season that still has 14 games to go. However, I do believe that our clash with Green Bay will reveal a lot about the kind of team we really have this year. If the Saints can fix the leaks we saw on Monday night, there may be some smooth sailing ahead. If not, this ship is going to go down in Titanic-like fashion. Wake up Boys!!!
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that in this new system, only the #1 seed in each conference get a Bye.
The first playoff week plays out this way: #2 hosts #7; #3 hosts #6; #4 hosts #5.
Each successive week the lowest seed travels to the highest seed just as before.

***WEEK 2 - NFC Playoff Standings***
#1 Bye - Arizona Cardinals
#2- Green Bay Packers
#3- New Orleans Saints
#4- Washington Football Team
#5- Seattle Seahawks
#6- Los Angeles Rams
#7- Chicago Bears

***WEEK 2 - AFC Playoff Standings***
#1 Bye - Baltimore Ravens
#2- Kansas City Chiefs
#3- Tennessee Titans
#4- Buffalo Bills
#5- Pittsburgh Steelers
#6- Las Vegas Raiders
#7- New England Patriots

Last edited:
Thanks, Bill. Like these posts.

The NFC West has a pretty easy schedule - AFC East and NFC East. Imagine if in the first year with seven playoff teams per conference, the #4 team in the West is fighting for the last wildcard? It's very possible... could have four teams from one division in the playoffs. It's early though and they will certainly beat up on each other.

The NFC West has a pretty easy schedule - AFC East and NFC East. Imagine if in the first year with seven playoff teams per conference, the #4 team in the West is fighting for the last wildcard? It's very possible... could have four teams from one division in the playoffs. It's early though and they will certainly beat up on each other.
The NFC West does seem to be a strong division this year. We will likely be needing them to whip up on each other to keep from taking the last three spots after the four division champs claim theirs. And now that the Saints have stumbled out of the gate once again, those teams in the NFC West will definitely be a problem for us if we cannot win the South outright.

look at the Packers schedule, baring injury they are going to be the #1 seed. it is cake soft

Theoretically, all four NFCW teams could end up 13-3 by each team breaking even (3-3) in the division and all of them winning all other games on their schedules.

The likelihood of this occurring is probably highly unlikely but the possibility does exist. My guess is the 49ers won't keep up due to the critical positional injuries they have already suffered. The Cardinals and the Rams are in pretty good shape as are the Seahawks if they can figure out their pass rush. The losses of SLB Bruce Irvin and NCB Marquise Blair loom large at this point.

The NFC playoff race will be a dogfight... that's fairly certain.

Theoretically, all four NFCW teams could end up 13-3 by each team breaking even (3-3) in the division and all of them winning all other games on their schedules.

The likelihood of this occurring is probably highly unlikely but the possibility does exist. My guess is the 49ers won't keep up due to the critical positional injuries they have already suffered. The Cardinals and the Rams are in pretty good shape as are the Seahawks if they can figure out their pass rush. The losses of SLB Bruce Irvin and NCB Marquise Blair loom large at this point.

The NFC playoff race will be a dogfight... that's fairly certain.
Which means that winning the NFC South needs to be Job One for us. We likely will need to muster a record of 13 (or more) wins in hopes of getting that Bye this postseason. But we're not dead in the water if it doesn't happen. We need to learn from the faceplant we took on Monday night how to become the real contender everyone thought we'd be. I see the loss as a wake-up call. Hopefully it will turn out to be just that.

look at the Packers schedule, baring injury they are going to be the #1 seed. it is cake soft
They could have the easiest road to the top spot for sure.

They could have the easiest road to the top spot for sure.
The Vikings haven't shown up yet this year... will they? Doubtful at this point. The Lions are the hapless Lions once again. The Bears can't score enough points on offense to challenge the Pack. Looks like easy sledding for GB in the NFCN.

Elsewhere, the Falcons have shown thus far that they keep up in a shootout. The Texans should have never let DeAndre Hopkins and Carlos Hyde leave. The Jaguars, Colts and the Eagles are unlikely to challenge the Pack as well. The Panthers likely won't even if McCaffrey returns heathy but the Titans might... so, overall, yeah, pretty soft schedule. They should be the favorite for the #1 seed this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom