NFL "If The Season Ended Today..." - WEEK 7 Edition (1 Viewer)

I am not so sure our D-line is playing that great right now. It is always mentioned that we haven't given up a 100 yard rusher in a while, but that is because teams can do whatever they want with the pass. Our front 4 must get more pressure on the QB on a regular basis if we are going to have a chance to stop Bucs/Niners, etc.

It isn't simply that teams are throwing the ball, when teams try to run, they don't gain much and end up behind schedule. The Saints are currently tied for 3rd overall in the league in yards per carry, at 3.5ypc.

Through six games, the opposing teams top rusher has...
vs Bucs, Ronald Jones: 3.1ypc
vs Raiders, Josh Jacobs: 3.3ypc
vs Packers, Aaron Jones: 4.3ypc
vs Lions, Adrian Peterson: 3.3ypc
vs Chargers, Justin Jackson: 4.7ypc
vs Panthers, Mike Davis: 1.7ypc

As you can see, the run defense is holding up well. A couple games they didn't do well, but that's life in the NFL. In previous seasons when the Saints had a solid secondary, teams were still not able to have a 100 yard rusher because the run defense was stout. This season the glaring issue is of course the secondary, if they can ever get their act together, this team will be extremely tough to beat.

It isn't simply that teams are throwing the ball, when teams try to run, they don't gain much and end up behind schedule. The Saints are currently tied for 3rd overall in the league in yards per carry, at 3.5ypc.

Through six games, the opposing teams top rusher has...
vs Bucs, Ronald Jones: 3.1ypc
vs Raiders, Josh Jacobs: 3.3ypc
vs Packers, Aaron Jones: 4.3ypc
vs Lions, Adrian Peterson: 3.3ypc
vs Chargers, Justin Jackson: 4.7ypc
vs Panthers, Mike Davis: 1.7ypc

As you can see, the run defense is holding up well. A couple games they didn't do well, but that's life in the NFL. In previous seasons when the Saints had a solid secondary, teams were still not able to have a 100 yard rusher because the run defense was stout. This season the glaring issue is of course the secondary, if they can ever get their act together, this team will be extremely tough to beat.
Ok...i see your point & agree with most, but Teddy had all day to throw on Sunday except for a couple of plays. Thankfully, their last one was a sack.

Ok...i see your point & agree with most, but Teddy had all day to throw on Sunday except for a couple of plays. Thankfully, their last one was a sack.
Don’t you see? It was the perfect trap. Allen lured Teddy into a false sense of security and then BOOM!

Genius if you ask me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom