Poll *If the season is cancelled will Drew retire? (1 Viewer)

Will Drew retire if this season is lost?

• Yep.

Votes: 51 25.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 44.6%
  • It’s 50/50

Votes: 45 22.1%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 17 8.3%

• Total voters
Coach Pete said right before the gym closed that Brees could stay on a few more years with his willingness to share time at QB. Over the next 3 years, Brees would share more time with the emerging QB. For Brees, he gets to stay fresh, increases his chances of another SB ring, ensures he owns all passing records while taking a minimal physical beating.

Pete gets info on Brees through old Austin sources. I don't know if this was his opinion or based on info he received from his sources though

Last edited:
It’s a good question
Seasons are obviously cyclical- and Drew is such a creature of habit that NOT having the right things happen in the right time will have effects
Emotional, physiological

He - and MANY other players will need a substitute (a methadone to their normal football high) to get them through
If the substitute he finds is fulfilling enough, he might be able to walk away

I doubt they cancel the season unless things are so bad that the NFL no longer matters anyway. We are still 5 months out from kickoff weekend.

A more likely question is what they will do if there are no crowds allowed. Do they pump in crowd noise? Fake it on TV? Go silent?

I doubt the League will outright cancel the season. They’ve had seasons through strikes and even WWII. At worst it’ll be shortened.

I doubt they cancel the season unless things are so bad that the NFL no longer matters anyway. We are still 5 months out from kickoff weekend.

A more likely question is what they will do if there are no crowds allowed. Do they pump in crowd noise? Fake it on TV? Go silent?

I think playing with no crowds is the most plausible answer. Their TV ratings would be the best they’ve ever been and they’re already great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom