If the Super Bowl was being played in New York tomorrow. (1 Viewer)

MamouMafia

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
33 degrees with a low of 23

Chance of Snow:60%

map_wkpln_day2_3usne_enus_440x297.jpg

:covri:

Unless the weather is totally out of season next year, I think this cold weather open stadium experiment will be a one year trial.

Thats not bad weather.....I would love to see the BCS title game played in Camp Randall stadium. Judging by this board that would be dastardly.

The Super Bowl has always been played in warm weather climates or Domes to ensure that the teams have no distinct advantage caused by outside sources, weather being the biggest one.
If the Super Bowl next year is Green Bay vs, Miami for example, is that a fair venue for both teams? No chance in Hades!!
Owners, Players, and fans have known for centuries that if you want a Super Bowl in your stadium, you better have a dome.
It is going to be mass hysteria if storms cause the game to be either rescheduled, or moved. How much do you think that is going to cost the NFL??? Better yet, how much revenue are the local businesses going to see when people don't want to go outside?

Just another stupid move by the NFL to prove they only care about revenue

Yea, when the saints get to the Super Bowl next year it could be almost a challenge because of the weather... Almost

I love it being in NY next year, It will make NOLA look even better

I'm in Philly. Its windier than heck and we just got 2" of snow. Screw that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

While it might be a discomfort to individuals attending the game and festivities up north...there was a time before the comforts of domed stadiums that the game was played in all types of weather....and in some cases...still is....those unfortunate to not have the domed stadiums...

I remember seeing Saints games at old Tulane stadium...braving some cold but not to unbearable weather...and loving every minute of it...and those were the not so great seasons at that....heck...the folks up north without the domed stadiums deserve the opportunity to host an outdoor event...a little drizzle or snow is probably nothing compared to what I've seen some fans endure for the love of the sport.....

If the Super Bowl next year is Green Bay vs, Miami for example, is that a fair venue for both teams? No chance in Hades!!

Or say, San Diego and Arizona, on a sloppy field, in the cold, would fans of either team be eager to attend the game in NY? Make it a week long event? Spend the money they'd spend in NY? Heck, I'd rather buy a 75' LED LCD and a Bose home theater system for around $10,000 and and watch the game in the comfort of my home.

I read last week where one of the Super Bowls played in Tulane Stadium was played in 32 degree weather.

I know everyone down in LA is mad about a cold weather Super Bowl, but I really hope it's goes well

A successful Super Bowl in New York means other northern venues will get an opportunity to host in the coming years

Places like Pittsburgh and Cleveland that have 2 of the longest running franchises and most storied histories will get a chance to bid for Super Bowls....it gets really old seeing a Super Bowl in NO every 3 years when I know Cleveland hasn't even had 1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom