IF there were to be changes to the pro bowl (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
would you be more likely to watch it?

Watching the NBA all star thing this weekend made me wonder if anyone would watch the pro bowl more if there were changes such as IF you you healthy enough to play your last game you can not opt out of playing in the pro bowl and IF there was a new voting method so that it is not based on only the hottest teams players making it.

It will never be put to use but I would love to see fans have 1/3 the vote, give the players a 1/3 the vote and then the other 1/3 the vote would go to the coaching staffs and GMs with this in mind the coaches and GMs would have to vote or their opposite confrence ie the NFC SOUTH- Saints, Fowlclowns, panthers and bucs would have to vote for theAFC SOUTH Titans, jags, colts and texans

I'd rather see it as an award-Highlight show, similar to the ESPY's but with highlights of each player, and in depth analysis of what makes them better than everyone else.

I haven't watched the pro-bowl in several years.

I'm in agreement that there should be some sort of change. I'd love to see a skills challenge for those that have "earned" their status of being a pro. Here's a few ideas:

1. Kickers: FG Contest and longest kickoff
2. WR: Fastest 40, jugg machine set to HIGH
3. QB challenge....I like the one they do in the off season
4. RB: Shuttle drill and pass catching
5. O and D Linemen: Strongest man type competition....let them pull a bus...LOL:9:

Then, I like the idea of having a highlight type thing showing those voted in with their top three plays

After that....have the rookies take on the veterans in a game of flag football or something. We aleady know these guys don't go full speed in the Pro Bowl, so why not let them take the helmets off and get more personal with the crowds and strut their stuff.

There should be no game. The players should just get a free vacation to Hawaii and at the very most play flag football, just so they could avoid injury. Also, no fans should be allowed to vote, and the voting shouldn't start until the second the 17th week is over. How can you consider someone the best when you don't include the full body of work? To me it's meaningless unless you count all 16 played games. If Tony Romo could make the Pro Bowl after playing what, about half the game of 06, then why not Drew Brees last year?

I want to see a cupcake placed on the goal posts and have Colston blow out the candle while catching a TD pass.

:D
I was thinking of ways to improve the Pro Bowl after watching a great NBA All-Star weekend. Great job New Orleans!! Here are my ideas:

1. Move it out of Hawaii, and have it in a different venue every year just like the All-Star game. Why have it in a place that has no NFL team and is very hard for true fans to go to.

2. Get the fans more involved! Pack the stadium on Saturday night for events like, skills challenges, hall of famer’s flag football game and more. When I watch the skill challenges now there are only a few fans watching and no real excitement.

3. Turn it into an event and a celebration of the NFL season rather than just a joke that no one really cares about. How about an awards show where they announce the MVP, Rookie of year etc., with nominees and highlights. Like the ESPY’s .Rather than just telling everyone thru a press release.

4. Give players a bigger incentive to actually participate. More money for the winners, or donations to their charities or something

I love the probowl, watch it every year. I only would like it to be more fair in how they pick players. Marques Colston should of went this past year, he got robbed once again.

I also hate the fact on how players can refuse to play in the game, they need to make some type of penalty if they don't participate. I understand the fact that they may be injured or trying to prevent injury, but they should still go. Not everyone gets voted in so you should be proud that you did.

I love the probowl, watch it every year. I only would like it to be more fair in how they pick players. Marques Colston should of went this past year, he got robbed once again.

I also hate the fact on how players can refuse to play in the game, they need to make some type of penalty if they don't participate. I understand the fact that they may be injured or trying to prevent injury, but they should still go. Not everyone gets voted in so you should be proud that you did.

The NBA is doing that now. They are forcing Kobe to play. If he gets hurt though he can sue.

No game. The players don't want to play. The game itself is a joke. It puts players at too much of an injury risk.

The NBA is doing that now. They are forcing Kobe to play. If he gets hurt though he can sue.

i wasnt trying to say that they should be forced to play, but just that they should be forced to go. if they are truly injured, then i can understand that. but some players suddenly get injured just for this game for the simple fact that they dont want to play. i love allstar games, seeing all the great players grouped up to play a game.

No game. The players don't want to play. The game itself is a joke. It puts players at too much of an injury risk.

i dont think thats true, you have a handful who think they are higher than the game.

why should a player be forced to play a game??? especially a game that has absolutely no meaning.....that's terrible man.....it's not tiddly-winks, it's football....all it takes is one play to end a career or a season:dunno:

why should a player be forced to play a game??? especially a game that has absolutely no meaning.....that's terrible man.....it's not tiddly-winks, it's football....all it takes is one play to end a career or a season:dunno:

read what I said again, i never said forced to play. i said participate.

atlest going and attending, or just being there. it should be a honor to go to that game.

being voted to the probowl means you were one of the best at your position for that year..doesn't that mean anything?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom