If this happens, would you say we are the favorites in the NFC? (1 Viewer)

I would drop Gay and Shockey from the equation if we could trade up to get Dorsey. Our O is Super Bowl ready its the D that is lacking

We need DT help. Vilma will need some protection in order to be really effective. think the Ravens strategy. if the MLB is going to be the center piece, you must protect him from secondary blocks...

I would much rather go with Briggs, Gay, Dorsey or Ellis, and get a guy like Cason in the third round of the draft. I would try to trade a second next year for Shockey. If I am able to do that, then I take Desean Jackson in the second. Jackson would be an excellent Wes Welker type player for us on offense and a guy similar to Devin Hester in the return game.

I think that team could be a Superbowl contender even if they are not initially called one by the pundits.

I would much rather go with Briggs, Gay, Dorsey or Ellis, and get a guy like Cason in the third round of the draft. I would try to trade a second next year for Shockey. If I am able to do that, then I take Desean Jackson in the second. Jackson would be an excellent Wes Welker type player for us on offense and a guy similar to Devin Hester in the return game.

I think that team could be a Superbowl contender even if they are not initially called one by the pundits.

Wes Welker and Desean Jackson are two totally different players when it comes to the receiving game. Jackson would get killed going across the middle like Welker does because he is so much smaller. Welker is a stout little dude whose strength allows him to make the majority of his plays work. Jackson weighs like 160 pounds. Don't get me wrong they are both extremely athletic and both show the shiftiness you mentioned, but if you expect Jackson to perform the way Welker has you are going to be disappointed. However, your comparison to Hester is spot on.

NO, where are you improving our pass rush? that made every opposing qb look like a hall of famer. we have to pressure the qb and that wasn't addressed, now trade for dewayne robertson, and draft glen dorsey (even if we have to trade up a little) and now we create pressure up the middle and our DEs (smith,grant) are single covered and we get lots of sacks,especilly with vilma blitzing some.

Sign Lance Briggs, sign CB Randall Gay, trade 2 (40) for TE Jeremy Shockey, draft Antonio Rogers-Cromartie, add d-line depth in round 3.

That would be a perfect scenario in my opinion.>>>

How about a three for Lito Sheppard?

>>>He was a very good player in college and I think he has just been in the wrong system early on in his career. He has been with 3-4 teams and he isnt really a true nose tackle. I think he would thrive in a 4-3 and I really don't see anyone in this draft outside of Ellis and Dorsey whose grade would be much higher than his.
>>

I completely agree with that statement. Which is why we have to go up and get Dorsey. The Bengals losing out to Shaun Rogers hurt our chances of Dorsey dropping to us. If he gets past the first five picke, we have to call the Ravens and get into their spot to get him.

I am with you on this one and I agree but there is no guarantee. Plus like I said, when is the last time we really hit on a second round pick.

I have said this before but not on this message board...The second round is kind of like a purgatory of draft picks. Most of the best players come either in round 1 or on day 2 or as an undrafted free agent. There are gems in round 2 for sure, but a lot of the guys picked in round 2 are players that drive you up the wall. They have talent and are super-athletic but they didn't make it into the first round for a reason and it wasn't because "they weren't discovered" like late round picks and undrafted guys. They show flashes, but they never quite put it all together. Sound familiar?

See Ryans, DeMeco. Favre, Brett. Strahan, Michael. Johnson, Chad. Dawkins, Brian. Umenyioura, Osi.

Should I go on?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/18201075/

See Ryans, DeMeco. Favre, Brett. Strahan, Michael. Johnson, Chad. Dawkins, Brian. Umenyioura, Osi.

Should I go on?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/18201075/

I have said this before but not on this message board...The second round is kind of like a purgatory of draft picks. Most of the best players come either in round 1 or on day 2 or as an undrafted free agent. There are gems in round 2 for sure, but a lot of the guys picked in round 2 are players that drive you up the wall. They have talent and are super-athletic but they didn't make it into the first round for a reason and it wasn't because "they weren't discovered" like late round picks and undrafted guys. They show flashes, but they never quite put it all together. Sound familiar?

I didnt say that there aren't any good second rounders. I could come up with a list of undrafted free agents just as impressive but that was not my point. My point is that the odds of 2 (40) making an impact are minimal compared to us trading that pick for a Pro Bowl tight end in his prime.

I would have liked to have done next year's two also. That was my thought initially until I saw the particulars on the Vilma deal. Next years two and three are out of play now with any trade because they are tied to our deal with the Jets.

This the second time Ive heard something about the possible emergence of
Orien Harris
Dont remember if the 2 places were from the same person, but what makes people think he's going to be any good?
I think we've got a really good under the radar guy in Harris, he was projected a top 5 pick before his senior season. His stock fell, and he was drafted in the mid rounds to a 3-4, and was released. He was picked up by another 3-4, then cut again. He never got to the level of play he did in the 4-3. Look at this draft profile of him:

Positives:
He is your prototypical defensive tackle that can stop the run and get after the quarterback. Orien has all the potential in the world and for the most part he has lived up to the hype. He is a very unselfish player that does whatever is asked of him. Though his stats don't show it, he is a great pass rusher
Negatives:
Orien has the size you look for, but doesn't take on blockers very well. He has no trouble at getting in the backfield, but rarely produces any sacks. He needs to polish his defensive moves as well.
Overview:
Orien Harris has all the potential in the world, and I think he will be a great defensive tackle. Has a nose for the ball and is constantly causing havoc in the backfield. He will make an impact on any team right away and is my sleeper pick. Watch out for this kid. He could be one of the best at his position in a couple years. NFL Comparison: A young Warren Sapp

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/orienharris.htm

How interesting does that sound?

I would not break the bank to get Briggs.

I would smash it to little-bitty pieces of dust-like consistency. Briggs is a sideline to sideline downhill thumper. If Vilma is healthy and we can get Briggs we have upgraded our defense immensely.

Nope, it's the Cowboys, and then the Giants, and then the Pack. Cowboys are like the Chargers of the NFC... more talent than anyone, but fall apart around week 12 every year.

I don't want the Saints to be the favorites.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom