If this is true, then we are about $1.1 mil over the cap (1 Viewer)

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
» Over the Cap- NFL Salary Cap Space 2013

Edit: this site is updating the numbers as I type this. When I first started this thread, there were about 5 teams that were still over the cap. But I just looked again and now the Saints are the ONLY team still over the cap by 1.1 million.

Something is a brewing

Something has brewed. Too late to make decisions now. I take it or leave it offer has expired some time ago in order to inform the league.

Now, are we late taking decisions or just informing them?

We are more than $1 mill over because of the Galette deal (whatever the terms are) and the RFA's for the moment.

Something has brewed. Too late to make decisions now. I take it or leave it offer has expired some time ago in order to inform the league.

Now, are we late taking decisions or just informing them?

Yes. Of course.

Can players bu cut (ie Smith, Harper, Vilma) and be resigned? Just curious if a player refuses to take a pay cut or restructure their contract and does not sign with another team, can the original team sign them to a new contract? If so, would the new contract be the basis on which cap space is figured?

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Can players bu cut (ie Smith, Harper, Vilma) and be resigned? Just curious if a player refuses to take a pay cut or restructure their contract and does not sign with another team, can the original team sign them to a new contract? If so, would the new contract be the basis on which cap space is figured?

If we cut them, we would still have to pay money on their contract that is dead, so it would make the most sense to just offer them lower money on a take it or leave it basis, because we wouldn't sign them for any other amount.

Does not appear to count the other 2 tenders either (DLP and Ivory). Those, with Gallette will put us over $5 million over. Herring has to have been cut by now, huh?

Just ran into Loomis at Subway. I asked him about getting under the cap before the 4pm EST deadline. He said, "4pm? The deadline is always midnight." I showed him what it said here on Saintsreport and he almost choked on his sandwich, before spitting it out and running out the door.

We should hear some news really soon.

If you're wondering, he was eating a 6 inch Italian BMT on wheat.

Just ran into Loomis at Subway. I asked him about getting under the cap before the 4pm EST deadline. He said, "4pm? The deadline is always midnight." I showed him what it said here on Saintsreport and he almost choked on his sandwich, before spitting it out and running out the door.

We should hear some news really soon.

If you're wondering, he was eating a 6 inch Italian BMT on wheat.

You're kidding right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom