If this is true ....... (1 Viewer)

I don't know more air to your engine should make it more efficient. How much of an improvement is the question. I've also read that cooler air is even better for your engine thats why all of these stock car racers have CAI's

bull, a cold air intake can give you better MPG though

Not necessarily. Cold air intakes increase the airflow into the intake manifold, and the cars ECM then compensates by blowing more fuel into the airstream to keep the air to fuel ratio proper. Usually you lose mileage, and increase HP.

Accelerating slower and letting off the gas a bit before braking as well as not speeding while on the interstate will save more gas than any gadget.

Too bad I don't listen to myself.

I have had cold air intakes on 4 vehicles. All 4 I have had a slight drop in my MPG.

What are the best ways to improve your MPG? I have a lifted F150 Lariot on 38 inch tires so my MPG are pretty poor. I know the obvious answer is not to have the truck but....

well mine is better, its not much though.I havent heard of anyones MPG going down on a CAI, these people seem to agree
http://www.knfilters.com/feedback14.htm

Because testimonials are never wrong.

I know most advertise that it increases gas mileage and on many of the older vehicles that has been proven to be the case. However with newer vehicles more times than not it will actually decrease the gas mileage. Some vehicles increase, some decrease and some stay the same. Usually the difference is so small you wont notice it. Both of my trucks I noticed a bigger difference. Both of my cars it might have had something to do with my right foot after I installed them but the difference was small.

As for buying something to increase your gas mileage you can buy a good computer chip but those are a few hundred bucks and will only give a slight increase and do it by slightly decreasing the performance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom