If This Offense keeps putting the D in Terrible Situations (1 Viewer)

I know I am saying the same thing but all this blame on the D is unwarranted "they are who we thought they are" now the O is not living up to the billing because of mistakes, penalties and apparent lethargy.

The O wasn't the reason the team gave up those long runs....

I think he's trying to say that three fumbles, two on your side of the fifty, is putting the defense in a bad spot. As well as the offense played, they still gave the game away. If the Saints don't turn it over, or just do it once, they win this game. Oh well, back home against the Bengals for 7-4!

The Defense did not play well enough to win. Neither did the offense. The inclination is to blame the defense when they give up close to 500 yards and 38 points - even with bad field position. A good defense will prevent a turnover from becoming a touchdown.

That being said, even if an offense puts up 500 yards of offense and 31 points, 3 turnovers is inexcusable.

And the special teams played poorly too, giving up field position and missing a field goal. That drive towards the end should have been for a win, not a tie.

However, out of the three units, the one I'm most worried about is the defense. Our offense has shown it can move the ball almost at will on any team. Carney has been very good at FG's, and overall our special teams are ok. Our defense isn't terrible, but I think it is the weakest unit on our team.

Ummm we had no 3 and outs yesterday. We punted one time. Every fumble but one happened after a long drive and we fumbled deep in their territory.

How was the D every put in a bad position? The only time they had a short field was the first fumble.

Our D sucked it up yesterday. We can not stop the run and its going to continue to kill us if we don't fix it.

I think he's trying to say that three fumbles, two on your side of the fifty, is putting the defense in a bad spot. As well as the offense played, they still gave the game away. If the Saints don't turn it over, or just do it once, they win this game. Oh well, back home against the Bengals for 7-4!

He said "keeps" putting our D in terrible situations. That implies something they've done continuously throughout the year.

Anyone who has watched this team through 9 games knows this is not the case.

That's why I was confused by the statement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom