If This Offense keeps putting the D in Terrible Situations (1 Viewer)

CCL36

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Whether from turnovers or "3 and outs" -- the Saints will continually loose.

This Defense is not good enough /or healthy enough to handle constant pressure that is the result of a hibernating Offense.

This O has underachieved consistently even when we beat Atlanta we went up early and then the O stalled....this has been a continnual patterrn throughout the season.

I was happy when we went down by the second TD because I knew that was what it would take for the O to wake up.

The D is not great but they do fairly well if the ineffective O doesn't keep them under constant pressure.

Honestly the O looked very good at times today yet when we got a lead it all but shut down until after the 2nd touchdown.

I know I am saying the same thing but all this blame on the D is unwarranted "they are who we thought they are" now the O is not living up to the billing because of mistakes, penalties and apparent lethargy.

Putting up 31 points with a chance to win in the last minute is not what i call in hibernation. The defense carrys a lot of blame for not holding some of those drives to FG,
Reg

This is still a TEAM game, and we as a team did not win (Offense gave 3 away but scored 31 pts and Defense didn't get any t.o.'s, 2 70+ yd runs but did not give up). Lots of mental mistakes on both sides of the ball.

SSP

Absolutely can't blame the O for the D giving up back-to-back 70+-yard runs.

This Defense is not good enough /or healthy enough to handle constant pressure that is the result of a hibernating Offense.

This O has underachieved consistently even when we beat Atlanta we went up early and then the O stalled....this has been a continnual patterrn throughout the season.

I was happy when we went down by the second TD because I knew that was what it would take for the O to wake up.

The D is not great but they do fairly well if the ineffective O doesn't keep them under constant pressure.

Honestly the O looked very good at times today yet when we got a lead it all but shut down until after the 2nd touchdown.

I know I am saying the same thing but all this blame on the D is unwarranted "they are who we thought they are" now the O is not living up to the billing because of mistakes, penalties and apparent lethargy.

What do you mean, if this offense keeps putting the D in terrible situations?

How many games have you watched this year?

How did we get to 6-3 if the O puts our D in terrible situations all the time?

I'm interested in your logic?????????????????????

Last edited:
ARE YOU SERIOUS???????????????????????????

The offense could have played better today, especially at the end, but the offense is definitely not the blame in this game. Those two 50+ yard runs on the edges really, really hurt...

Maybe if the defense could actually force a turnover or two and not let some no name running back rush for over 200+ yards we could have won.

Maybe if the defense could actually force a turnover or two and not let some no name running back rush for over 200+ yards we could have won.

All these complaints about my reasoning face the bottom line and that is the Offense that was so dominant put up 7 points TOTAL (while turning it over twice in critical situations) IN THE 2ND HALF and that isn't going to cut it with this D.

The offense made critical errors, and so did the defense. Can't pin it on one unit.

also, the steelers today along with other opponets in the past have started on their 30 or more from KR....doesnt help the D either.

Out of our starters

I wonder how many are 1st round and 2nd picks are in their prime or on the upswing and how they are distributed on Offense and Defense.

Defense: 1st round Grant, Smith, 2nd round Bullocks,

Offense: 1st Round Brees, Deuce, Bush, Brown (Colston should count here because he is an absolute stud) 2nd Round Stinch

We should have much higher expectations for the offense they are younger and overall much more talented...that is why it is irritating seeing all the blame on the D. The D played well enough to win. I truly believe the big plays were partially the result of being tired.

Out of our starters

I wonder how many are 1st round and 2nd picks are in their prime or on the upswing and how they are distributed on Offense and Defense.

Defense: 1st round Grant, Smith, 2nd round Bullocks,

Offense: 1st Round Brees, Deuce, Bush, Brown (Colston should count here because he is an absolute stud) 2nd Round Stinch

We should have much higher expectations for the offense they are younger and overall much more talented...that is why it is irritating seeing all the blame on the D. The D played well enough to win. I truly believe the big plays were partially the result of being tired.

Brees was a 2nd round pick. Offense was fumbles by only one star player (Reggie) and 2 players not used much. 31 points is a lot, especially when they were down by 14 quickly to start the game.

All these complaints about my reasoning face the bottom line and that is the Offense that was so dominant put up 7 points TOTAL (while turning it over twice in critical situations) IN THE 2ND HALF and that isn't going to cut it with this D.

Whether they scored 7 in the 2nd half or 24, they scored a total of 31 and that should be enough to win. Every team will turn it over at some point, but your defense also has to be able to force some. Our O had 3 turnovers, 2 that PIT could've scored off. Taking away the 14 given up on turnovers, our defense still gave up 24 points and 2 70+ yard runs. There are going to be times you only score 7 in a half. The defense has to be able to play at least 1 decent half per game. Our defense's ability to do that is 50/50.

The offense had over 500 yards.
The defense gives up almost 500 yards.

Yeah, it's the offense fault.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom