If we are finished in free agency are you happy with the results (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I realize we should add the draft to this discussion to see how many areas of need were filled but I wanted to get everyone's opinions.

Getting Randall Gay and Jon Vilma (if he's healthy) along with Bobby McCray upgraded the defense. I'm just not sure how much. Dan Morgan was a wasted signing IMO.

Offensively, locking up our guys was a good thing outside of Faine. I think Goodwin has just as good a year as Faine would have for a few million dollars less.

Still missing in this equation are a DT, CB, S, LB and TE.

Our needs were MLB, CB, DT, WLB, S and TE.

I'd give our free agent signings a C+ so far that could upgrade to a B+ if Vilma comes back completely healthy.

i Don't think we are done yet but because we still need a backup for harper and we only 4 CB on the roster. ( sure we will Draft a CB)

right now i am happy with what we have done. i Like the improvements to the LB corp. and the fact we ressigned some key player we had.

^chris reis is harpers backup

and im relatively happy, cant wait for the draft though

i say B-

im satisfied but not ecstatic if that makes sense...

i knew when it all boiled down we werent going to land huge names cause thats not our style... all in all i think we vastly improved our defense i just hope our medical staff is up to the task..

Frankly I think we could have done a bit better . I know their were some times on the board a few posters got really tense and wanted something to happen, just sign somebody If I remember. the Saints FO was trying to play it smart and not sign some questionable FA who may/may not make a big impact. I think we could have been more aggressive at some points but overall I think we did okay in getting McCray and Randall Gay. Those guys will produce for us, so will Vilma and Morgan too maybe.

IMHO the biggest winner of the FA period are the Cleveland Browns. They kicked everyone's *** this off season. They really revamped their team and got a lot better talent wise. I guess they had the right touch.

My grade would be a B for the Saints this off season maybe B-

Last edited:
I am not overly excited but then again I don't know what they could have done with the talent on the market. I am not in favor of overpaying for FA's so I don't place any blame either.

I am worried the saints are falling into the trap the cowboys fell into from the late 90's till Parcels took over ... they were always looking for the home run bargain player. I am glad to see Vilma and Morgan but at the same time I don't like it if they are counting on those guys as starters. Whats the plan B going to be or are they going to play them even if they are not at their best?

Gay is good depth but to step in as a starter??? Serviceable.

The re-signings are good for continuity but I hope they have some legitimate challenges for roster spots. I don't like the depth players getting too comfortable on the roster nor settling for being backups.

i am somewhat happy i wish we could have landed asante samuel and i hope we get lito sheppard, but vilma and gay are great adds GEAUX SAINTS

Before the Morgan sigign I would have said D+. I think this will be our most underrated signing and he will blow people away this year. With him, I'll go C+, with a B if we can get EJ back.

Safety was NEVER a need. I'm not sure where people keep getting that from.

I would grade higher if we could have gotten one more offensive playmaker (a better WR or a great TE) and a better CB/DT.

C+ to B-

alot depends on the draft. if we ignore cb again till around the third round and do the same for dt i will give it a big fricking F. but we shall see what happens in april. im cautiously optimistic

I would give them an A+ justfor getting Vilma, that trade made the offseason perfectr already, with McCray, Gay, and Morgan it's even better.

LOL!! I think people got that idea by watching Josh Bullocks play this year.

Agreed. Bullocks is awful in coverage. Put him and JD on the same side of the field and it spells TD.

So we didn't get a good pass rush, we had horrible LBs, JD was smoked any time they went deep, the safetys were having to watch the run first and pass second.....and we're going to blame them for the bad D?

The Safety is just that....a SAFETY. They shouldn't be asked to make plays every down, just clean up the trash, and there was way too much trash. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

As we can tell from the lack of activity the FO is putting into getting one.

There's also a huge difference between 'could use an upgrade' and 'need'. We in no way, shape, or form NEEDED a Safey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom