If we can't get Ellis or Dorsey (1 Viewer)

CCL36

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I am still not convinced that one won't drop to 7 but lets say they are both taken in the top 6 picks what would you think about trading up too 7 with our 1st and 3rd and shipping the pick to the Vikings for their 1st and 2nd and 4th (Vikings would probably like Ryan)

That would give us 1(17), 2(40), 2(47), 4(106), 4(113), 5(138), 6(170), 7(202)

At 17 we could take Sims, Highsmith, Cromatie, Talib, Groves

We would still have 2-2nd round picks possibly Mayo, Wheeler, Lofton

Why would the Pats trade down to 10 and why would we trade up to 7 just to trade right back down to 17? I mean, it sounds great for us, but why would the other teams involved do this?

Well the Pats Probably don't want to go to 17 for it appears that they are looking at a top 15 LB or DE, so why not trade down 3 places and pick up a 3rd. The Vikings 17 on the otherhand might not be attractive to the Pats, now of course this conjecture is all predicated on the fact that the Vikings would give up "draft value" to get to 7.

Last edited:
This is a terrible draft for trying to trade down. After the first 5 picks are in they'll be noone worth while for someone to want to trade up with us for.

This is a terrible draft for trying to trade down. After the first 5 picks are in they'll be noone worth while for someone to want to trade up with us for.

what a drag too... Connors and rivers seem like they are worthy of middle to late first round grades. To take either a 10 would probably be to devalue the 10 spot. I say that we should do "pratically" whatever it takes to move up for Ellis.

BoNcHiE... where do you grade Cromateri? (sp?)

he looked great

I think Ryan or McFadden or one of the DLs (Dorsey or Ellis) could slide

I think it is likely that the 2 Longs will be gone in the top 6 and possibly Gholston

Thats 7 players that might have decent value on a trade down not to mention we probably will have one combine workout riser. (maybe the DE from Miami runs a 4.6, or who knows maybe Clady puts up 42 reps)

I think Ryan or McFadden or one of the DLs (Dorsey or Ellis) could slide

I think it is likely that the 2 Longs will be gone in the top 6 and possibly Gholston

Thats 7 players that might have decent value on a trade down not to mention we probably will have one combine workout riser. (maybe the DE from Miami runs a 4.6, or who knows maybe Clady puts up 42 reps)

good point... I'm sitting here getting my heart set on Ellis... the ultimate hope is that we get an instant impact defender.

good point... I'm sitting here getting my heart set on Ellis... the ultimate hope is that we get an instant impact defender.

Me too... I would absolutely love Ellis and hope that he falls to 7.

Me too... I would absolutely love Ellis and hope that he falls to 7.

someone pointed it out that it would cost our second round pick to move up to #4.

I originally thought moving up to 6 would be worth it for Ellis now I'd be happy to get him at 4

I don't know our 2nd this year is probably going to be good enough for a quality MLB such as Mayo or Lofton.
If we were going to trade up to 4 I would rather give up a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year (which hopefully will be close to a third anyway)

Thanks go to NPs6724 for this

6th pick - 1600 points
10th pick - 1300 points

The 60th pick (28th pick of the 2nd round) is worth 300 points, but for 2008 it's probably the 61st pick since the Pats will lose one, thus the first pick of the 2nd round will choose 32nd. Our 2nd-round pick (I'm assuming it's the 9th pick of the 2nd round - remember, gotta move up one due to the Pats), which is worth 490 points.

1300+490 = 1790. The 4th overall pick is worth 1800. So our 2nd-rounder should get us from 10 to 4. Theoretically. Also theoretically, our 3rd-rounder + our 1st-rounder should be enough to jump to 7.

Really if I were the Saints, I'd take a gander at the seniors for next year and possible juniors who may leave early at key positions (LB, OT, DT, CB) and if there's a lack of supreme talent, I'd think of trading a '09 pick (2nd or 3rd) this year to move up some. This year, there are very few great talents, but there are a ton of good players and I'd hate to sacrifice our 2nd-rounder in '08 because we can surely grab a good LB there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom