If we don't acquire a WR in draft. Let's trust our guys and look at the trade deadline to get another WR if needed. (1 Viewer)

All I want in the next two years is AJ Green and Russell Wilson.

Next offseason: I don't know how cap works, but...
Would trade our 1st for Wilson easily...Solidifies the QB position for years to come after Brees.
Would trade a 3rd or maybe a 2nd for Green.

I am probably in the minority, but if we go into the opener with a healthy #cantguardmike, Ginn, Smith, Kirkwood and Meredith, I'm fine. There's plenty enough talent there for us to move the ball throwing to WRs.
Especially with the addition of Cook. The top 3 receivers should be Thomas, Kamara, and Cook. The rest will be competing to be the 4th option.

MT
TQS
Kirk
Ginn
Meredith

Who are you going to cut for a rookie WR? With the first pick I think they should go OL, S, or TE.

MT
TQS
Kirk
Ginn
Meredith

Who are you going to cut for a rookie WR? With the first pick I think they should go OL, S, or TE.
They can keep 6. Not saying they should or shouldn't, but I'm pretty sure they have before. I don't see the immediate need for TE or S in the 2nd round. OL is definitely a need, but I don't see any reason not to go BPA.

There is plenty of talent at WR in the draft. Trust me out of all the young receivers we have in the group. I guarantee you at least one of them will step up. Hopefully TQS but I'm banking on Keith Kirkwood. Hes got the right attitude l, and works really hard to get better everyday.

In saying that, there are so many talented receivers in the draft. We could get lucky and nabb someone like Deebo Samuel, or Riley Ridley. Who are IMO 2 of the best in the class, and the best fit in our offense. If we cant get them bc they are gone. We could land someone like Andy Issabella, Terry Mclaurin, or Penny Hart. Those guys are my later round steals who can produce right away.

Trust me the receivers are there. It's all about were they fall, and timing.

I guarantee you the FO have a couple receivers they are in love with in this draft. They wont hesisitate to get one either. As they have shown in the past to do.

There is plenty of talent at WR in the draft. Trust me out of all the young receivers we have in the group. I guarantee you at least one of them will step up. Hopefully TQS but I'm banking on Keith Kirkwood. Hes got the right attitude l, and works really hard to get better everyday.

In saying that, there are so many talented receivers in the draft. We could get lucky and nabb someone like Deebo Samuel, or Riley Ridley. Who are IMO 2 of the best in the class, and the best fit in our offense. If we cant get them bc they are gone. We could land someone like Andy Issabella, Terry Mclaurin, or Penny Hart. Those guys are my later round steals who can produce right away.

Trust me the receivers are there. It's all about were they fall, and timing.

I guarantee you the FO have a couple receivers they are in love with in this draft. They wont hesisitate to get one either. As they have shown in the past to do.
Very possible a WR ends up being the BPA at 62. Deebo Samuel is my favorite prospect in this class for the Saints. If he makes it to 62, I'll be over the moon. Same goes for Hollywood Brown. I like Isabella and McLaurin too, but I don't know if they'll be the best value at 62 and doubt they make it to the 5th round.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside and Kelvin Harmon are a couple more I like at 62. There will definitely be a good WR on the board.

Last edited:
The results were the Saints being the best team in the NFL and several terrible terrible calls from playing in the Superbowl. I'll take having that kind of team every year.
We were very fortunate to have faced Dallas later in the year instead of the beginning. By then, we were close to locking up the 1st seed. Truth is that we were exposed and were able to getaway with our deficiencies.

Only things is that we had a bunch of rookies at Wide Receiver. Arnold, Kirkwood, and Smith.

So, natually.. Their development is important going into this season. I wanna see how they progress before dooming us... There is no guarantee that another Mike Thomas falls to us in the 2nd round. Even then, A rookie is gonna have growing pains and inconsistency. So, If you gonna get a 2nd round rookie to supplement sophomores in hoping the position would improve. It's not like it could work anyway and we will end up at the same fork in the round with underdeveloped players and needing a Vet WR to balance the group.

A Vet #2 WR may be a better path to go.

Doing something could be just as fruitless as doing nothing while arriving at the same point, anyway. So, it's not a linear solution of... If we do this... We solve our problem. Not exactly.
I agree that lack of experience did hurt us at that position. As you mentioned a good Vet should help out, while allowing the rooks to develop and not have as much pressure on them. I am not sure who is still out there that can help us. Cobb went to Dallas and I believe Golden Tate wants too much money. However this person is, we need to get him in before OTAs.

I agree that lack of experience did hurt us at that position. As you mentioned a good Vet should help out, while allowing the rooks to develop and not have as much pressure on them. I am not sure who is still out there that can help us. Cobb went to Dallas and I believe Golden Tate wants too much money. However this person is, we need to get him in before OTAs.
The top 3 receivers should be Thomas, Kamara, and Cook. The rest will be competing to be the 4th option.

I live in Ohio and they keep saying AJ wants to stay but until he gets a new contract he's trade bait...I expect him to be traded on draft day.

We needed a new receiving option and should get one in Jared Cook and is a perfect fit on intermediate/seam routes which Brees excels at hitting (Colston, Jimmy Graham, Lance Moore, MT when lined up there). Teams will not be able to double Michael Thomas, Cook and Kamara.

Ginn is the next best option and a solid #4 and can stretch the field to open things up for the top 3 options. Then you're looking at Tre'Quan, Meredith or Kirkwood as option 5; I'll take that. At least one should drastically improve - two being rookies and Meredith potentially free from injury

Very possible a WR ends up being the BPA at 62. Deebo Samuel is my favorite prospect in this class for the Saints. If he makes it to 62, I'll be over the moon. Same goes for Hollywood Brown. I like Isabella and McLaurin too, but I don't know if they'll be the best value at 62 and doubt they make it to the 5th round.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside and Kelvin Harmon are a couple more I like at 62. There will definitely be a good WR on the board.

I like JJ, id be fine with him at 62, only if Deebo and Ridley are gone. I'm sure they will be, but it's possible.

Im almost positive Issabella and Terry Mac will not be there in the fifth, but with 2 6 and 2 7, we could package some picks together to move up in the 4th to grab one. That is if we decide to go somewere else with 62

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom