If we draft foster, what we do with Anthony. (1 Viewer)

hardheadjungle

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I like the kid, i just hope we dont label him as a bust. We can have a young core of linebackers if we can really coach him up. Tell me what yall think , who dat

Find him a alB coach that can actually teach and coach him to be the best player he can be. :idunno:

Find him a alB coach that can actually teach and coach him to be the best player he can be. :idunno:

This. And hope we end up with a Luke Kuechly - Thomas Davis combo one day, with Foster and Anthony.

I see Foster as a will so I think Anthony can and hopefully will be coached up and man the mike. He's a missile when he sees it.

If we can find a good LB coach then maybe they can coach Anthony up. I think that coaching can make a big difference. Look at Aaron Glenn and what he has done for the secondary.

If we don't get Foster, I'm gonna be ******. He's exactly the type of player we need in.the middle that we can build around

People have down voted Foster at Will but he played OLB at Bama a lot before this year. He's a complete LB that can play coverage or run so IF, and that's IF, Anthony steps up to be a good MLB then I could see Foster at WILL.

Not because Anthony is better but because Foster is versatile.

Foster is the best LB to come from Bama since Saban has been there. He is the most athletic of them all too.

I'm hoping that this past season was a learning year for Anthony because the kid played really well as a rookie and I just can't believe that he just fell off the map this season and became a bad player. There has to be more to it...............right?:idunno:

No matter who we draft we have to have a LB coach that can get Anthony and Robertson on the field at the same time and in the right position to make plays.

Honestly? I don't think Anthony will ever be incisive and fluid enough in coverage to be anything but a 2 down LB. His coverage and recognition skills are poor, and apparently did not improve this last year. I think there is a certain amount of "coaching" that can improve some players, but after 2 years I think he is what he is: a downhill MLB that thumps something great but is a liability when required to process information. I don't know if that inflexibility and particular set of skills can be hidden or disguised by this defense, and if it can't I would say cut our losses. I hope I am wrong, though.

We've often picked for physical skills on defense over the last few years rather than football intelligence and awareness. And those fruits have come to bear (or rather, have not!).

I don't even care ... Foster plus Anthony on the field at the same time. That's a lot of covered ground. Just need some time and experience at whichever positions they are put in.

I'm hoping that this past season was a learning year for Anthony because the kid played really well as a rookie and I just can't believe that he just fell off the map this season and became a bad player. There has to be more to it...............right?:idunno:
:plus-un2:

SA has ruined the way I feel about myself as a prospect talent evaluator...so I'm gonna stick to my day job as a fan...because I was a StepAnt fan last year...(2015)

There has to be more to it...I agree

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom