If we draft mingo, (1 Viewer)

WhoDatfolife

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
If we draft mingo, who will our OLB be? Maybe Martez Wilson and mingo? What do you think?

I think Galette is penciled in as the starter at one OLB position. Depending where they place Tez (either ILB or OLB), Mingo or Tez would be the other OLB starter.

Hypothetically speaking if it was Mingo and Tez that would have to be one of, if not the fastest linebacker duo in league history. Not saying that will translate to a top 5 defense by any means but that would create some serious havoc for opposing qbs.

Mingo and Galette easily. The 1st step quickness on those two would equal an insane pass rush.

I seriously doubt Mingo would come in and start. It would take a season to adjust to the NFL, not to mention the transition from 4-3 DE to OLB....then there's a new 3-4 defense to figure out.

Starting? I don't see it.

I doubt seriously Mingo would come in and start. It would take a season to adjust to the NFL, not to mention the transition from 4-3 DE to OLB....then there's a new 3-4 defense to figure out.

Starting? I don't see it.

He might not be the starter but he'd have a significant role. The 3-4 OLB position is an insanely better fit for him than 4-3 DE and I doubt it'd take long for him to transition. Defenitely would be our nickel SOLB.

4 OLB? Galette, Lofton, Tez, Mingo? That's a good group of players on the field at once

4 OLB? Galette, Lofton, Tez, Mingo? That's a good group of players on the field at once

Lofton is an ILB and if all 4 were on the field, Tez would probably be playing ILB with that personnel grouping.

Or galette can play DE?

Galette is not big enough to play 3-4 DE. He will be OLB in the new scheme

Lofton is an ILB and if all 4 were on the field, Tez would probably be playing ILB with that personnel grouping.

Galette is not big enough to play 3-4 DE. He will be OLB in the new scheme[/QUOTE

I meant like OLB Galette then ILB lofton, Tez then OLB MINGO

if we drafted mingo i think he would be a situational pass rush in nickel situations until we decide if martez is the key or not, i think we take BPA and if its an OLB we wait til next season to decide who we like best out of gallette tez and mingo, same goes for any OLB we draft. But i do not think our coaching staff is confident in tez, which is why we went after kruger so hard.

If we draft Mingo, I really hope he puts on like 7-10lb and keep the speed.

With that being said, if Dion Jordan or Ziggy Ansah isn't there, trade back a lil bit to draft Okafor wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom