If We Have the Opportunity to Select One of these Guys in the 2021 Draft (It's Okay to Dream Thread) (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Let's just say that one of these guys magically drop to us or Loomis moved up in the draft; who you like to see the Saints selecting?

Ja'Marr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Devonta Smith
Terrace Marshall

I must say, though, Jaylen Waddle reminds me of the 09 Robert Meachem. Did ya'll watch him the Georgia vs. Alabama last night.

I don’t know much about Smith. As for Waddle, he seems streaky. He will make a couple amazing plays, then disappear For a stretch. But when he’s making plays, he’s among the best. Im concerned about Chase taking this season off. How will that effect him? Marshall is proving himself. He’s making a strong case for top 15 pick. He’s definitely taking advantage of Chase and Jefferson being gone. But remember, all three of those guys had over 10 TDs las season. So we knew he was good, too.

Unless they’ve put on more size this year, Chase has the better NFL frame and has amazing speed, quickness, & sure hands. He and Marshall are the only ones listed over 200lbs. Marshall has stepped up and shown to be a solid #1 WR. He’s listed at 6’3” 201lbs, Chase is 6’0” 207lbs, Smith 6’1” 174lbs, Waddle 5’10” 183lbs. Being the LSU Homer I am I’d love to see us pick Chase if we have the chance. Honestly though, with the way TQS, Harris, & Calloway have stepped up and depending on how much they improve as the season goes I don’t think WR is going to be a 1st Rd need. QB, CB, FS, & LB are all a much bigger need right now.

Unless they’ve put on more size this year, Chase has the better NFL frame and has amazing speed, quickness, & sure hands. He and Marshall are the only ones listed over 200lbs. Marshall has stepped up and shown to be a solid #1 WR. He’s listed at 6’3” 201lbs, Chase is 6’0” 207lbs, Smith 6’1” 174lbs, Waddle 5’10” 183lbs. Being the LSU Homer I am I’d love to see us pick Chase if we have the chance. Honestly though, with the way TQS, Harris, & Calloway have stepped up and depending on how much they improve as the season goes I don’t think WR is going to be a 1st Rd need. QB, CB, FS, & LB are all a much bigger need right now.

QB may not be one, either, if you're willing to assume that SP is being sincere about the 'heir' already being in the building in Taysom or if he really believes that Winston can evolve into something more than he was in Tampa. I think LB is just a very real need at this point, whether that be through FA or the draft. DD isn't getting any younger, and the decline is already starting to rear its head in places. FS and/or CB are needs, just not as immediate. A blue chip linebacker would do wonders for this defense.

Let's just say that one of these guys magically drop to us or Loomis moved up in the draft; who you like to see the Saints selecting?

Ja'Marr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Devonta Smith
Terrace Marshall

I must say, though, Jaylen Waddle reminds me of the 09 Robert Meachem. Did ya'll watch him the Georgia vs. Alabama last night.
Ja'Marr....easy. NFL type body. Work Ethic. Tremendous upside.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom