If We Make the Playoffs, Do You Think We Could Go on the Road and Beat A Team Like Minnesota? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I haven't watched much of the Vikings games since they lost two straight, but if the talk about their o-line being terrible is right, I think we have a shot at taking them out. What do you think?

If trends were a plant, ours would barely be out the ground right now. But, it would appear ours is at least growing and Minnie's is dying (Bradford is who we thought he was). Let's ask this again at month's end when we'll know more about the playoff picture.

I'd absolutely love to have a psychological study done on SR over the course of a season, the lowest lows and the highest highs.

If we can get healthy and keep executing the game plan each week, I don't really see any reason we can't beat anyone.

Drew Brees gives you that ability. His supporting cast isn't too shabby either.

Then with Breaux back the secondary improves leaps and bounds from that alone. Throw in Rankins making some noise after being disappointed to miss the beginning of his rookie year? I wouldn't want to face this team.

The NFC is truly wide open this year. This may be one of those odd years where 10-6/11-5 is enough to get you a first round bye.

I think we can certainly take Minnesota at their place. In fact, if I had my pick, they'd be the team I'd most want to face on the road in a hypothetical divisional round matchup.

I think Dallas is a team we could beat as well, if Breaux is healthy to match up on Dez.

I am really starting to gain faith in this team. I love our offense and it seems the defense is improving and is about to get some reinforcements.

If we win these next two, watch out. We could be "that team."

I've said this before, but I think our fan base, because we won our Super Bowl in a year we started 13-0 and had HFA, it is believed that for us to have a Super Bowl shot, it has to look exactly like that particular season. But that's not the case. Many champions have started off slowly - and it's not like we were getting blown out during that poor start either.

We lost to what we now know is a very good Raiders team by a bogus P.I. call. We lost to the Giants due to a blocked FG. Just saying, this team is not THAT bad. We are as good as ever on offense and the defense is putting it together.

We are an improving team that is literally 1 game out of the wildcard spot and 1 game in the loss column away from the division lead.

Watch out for dem Saints!

Beating Minnesota seems to be a manageable thing these days.

If Sean can have some sort of a commitment to the running game this team can be really good. The air raid doesn't help anything but Brees passing numbers. Running the ball helps the defense and play action game.

Considering our home record the last two years I think we have a better chance beating a team like the Vikings in their own venue.

This question was one that needed to be asked two weeks ago when they were 5-0.

I am not even sure Minnesota even makes the playoffs at this point. They have looked that bad in these two losses back to back.

If Sean can have some sort of a commitment to the running game this team can be really good. The air raid doesn't help anything but Brees passing numbers. Running the ball helps the defense and play action game.

Yeah, I think we FINALLY discovered that in the second half of the Kansas City game. I have always felt like the volume of our passing game is a big reason why our defenses are always terrible.

This team had its best years when we were balanced on offense. It really helps the defense. Every rushing attempt is 30-40 seconds off the clock and 30-40 seconds less that our defense is on the field.

I am seeing signs as of late that we are re-discovering this formula.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom