If we need to draft a running back in round 4 or 5 or 6 (2 Viewers)

Yes. If we just keep the running backs currently under contract, and re-sign Ivory who is a restricted FA. The only RB I would like us to get rid of is Ingram and that would only be for a 2nd or high 3rd round pick. As far as draft, it would depend on who we lost.

I think Knile Davis (Arkansas) will end up being the best RB in this draft class.

Well we could just go with Ingram, Sproles and Cadet.
Definately hate to see this happen. Sproles and Cadet are not power runners at all. Ingram runs hard but doesn't have the explosiveness to get anywhere. Chris Ivory and Thomas are the best backs on the team, no doubt about it. Have to say I agree, one of them will likely not be here next year. Not opposed to looking at a back in later rounds, but the one back I would grab in mid rounds would be Leveon Bell. Guy is big, strong, runs hard, athletic, can carry the load, and tested better than many thought he would. Guy was Michigan States offense. Everyone knew he was going to get the ball and he still produced.

If we went with just Ingram, Sproles, and Cadet, I believe we would have the worst rushing offense in the league. NONE of those guys are primary backs if you ask me. Thomas is our most complete back and Ivory is way better than any of those three. The sad fact of our running game is nobody will get a legitimate shot while they keep on with the Ingram Experiment. Once they get over that, maybe we can get a serious back.

I just can't see how people are ok with letting Thomas go. He may be the only one with any real trade value, but still, to get rid of arguably our best back (and pass protector) is ludicrous.

I just can't see how people are ok with letting Thomas go. He may be the only one with any real trade value, but still, to get rid of arguably our best back (and pass protector) is ludicrous.

I think some folks are just infatuated with the revolving door approach. This isn't college where you get a player for 3 - 4 yrs then the next guy steps up. It's almost like they're sayin "o ok, I've seen what you can do, now let's see what someone else looks like in a Saints uni". Pierre is valuable to this team, has proven himself. I'd rather have someone proven than some unproven rookie.

Zach Line, RB, SMU. The Saints have already shown interest by interviewing the kid.

He a strong runner, that can pass protect and catch the ball some, and he can also play a little FB if need be (certain sets/formations).

If Lattimore is still there at 4 or 5 (I doubt it) I say take him and red shirt him until he is healthy.

3 of our current 5 backs are UDFAs. Don't see us investing any more picks in the backfield.

This. If we use a draft pick on a RB I will be greatly upset. We are already down to just 5 (Goodell took our 2nd and Ruud cost us our 7th) and we have much greater positions to fill than 4th string RB. Looking at draft rankings they have Spencer Ware from LSU going UDFA. IMO he runs tough a lot like Ivory (like to fight for yards) but better in passing game, not sure about his blocking though. Also doesn't have the injury history of Ivory.

And where is this Cutting/Trading PT coming from? I haven't heard or seen anything about this and pray it's not true. I know Payton has a love for Ingram but PT has shown he can do it all and do it better than Ingram has so far. The only thing Ingram's shown me is he needs to be threatened to step up his play. IMO PT and Sproles are the only two RB's that should have nothing to worry about.

I think some folks are just infatuated with the revolving door approach. This isn't college where you get a player for 3 - 4 yrs then the next guy steps up. It's almost like they're sayin "o ok, I've seen what you can do, now let's see what someone else looks like in a Saints uni". Pierre is valuable to this team, has proven himself. I'd rather have someone proven than some unproven rookie.

^^^This

Pierre Thomas isn't going anywhere and all these ideas that he will be cut or traded is just dumb.

The only one we could lose is Ivory if a team over pays him. If that happens look for 2-3 udfas to be signed to compete with Cadet for the #4 spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom