If We Were to Trade Down... (1 Viewer)

It differs from the norm yes but we are also in the middle of a scheme switch and need to add an influx of youth to this team.

The combination of a deep draft and a need for picks to help ease a defensive transition makes a trade back a very likely scenario.

I think a deep draft makes it a less likely scenario considering no one would have the need to trade up.

I think it makes it a less likely scenario considering no one would have the need to trade up.

Thats a good counter argument but due to the high number of pass rushers guys will slide. Teams will want to move up to draft guys that they didn't think they would have a chance of getting. At least thats my view...but i do understand yours.

The combination of a deep draft and a need for picks to help ease a defensive transition makes a trade back a very likely scenario.

No, that makes our desire to trade back more likely. It does not make anyone else's desire to trade up with us more likely and, in fact, makes it less likely.

If we were to move down it will at the very last minute when a particular player a team wants drops lower than anticipated. In that circumstance it could also be a player we want at DE, DT or even CB or S, thus I really do not see that happening this year.

Now that does not say I am opposed to dropping 5 - 10 spots and picking up a late second or third round choice as we really do need those extra picks this year.

I'm not opposed to trading down twice if the scenario were to present itself

The scenario I have in my head is to trade down (if we get a partner), draft Jesse Williams and recoup a 2nd round pick. Because if we are going to reconstruct this defense into a formidable 3-4 we're going to need as many picks as possible. My 2nd round pick would preferably be, Jonathan Cyprien.

So, in my scenario I would have us picking up a versatile 3-4 lineman in Jesse Williams and an aggressive hard hitting SS in Jonathan Cyprien that is necessary for Ryan's likely 3-4/4-6 hybrid defense. Not to mention he would be a good replacement for Harper.

We hve no second round pick nor will Goodell will allow a trade in the 2nd round. Just Saying!!!

I think a deep draft makes it a less likely scenario considering no one would have the need to trade up.

Exactly. It does happen, again the Eagles trading up for Cox. But that was a head scratcher then, and a similar situation occurring this year would be another head scratcher now.

Seriously, the only person I can see generating a trade market in the 13/15 range is Jonathon Banks with Milner already off the board. But in such a case a team that wants Banks may
1) trade ahead of TB (who needs a CB)
2) trade with TB
3) trade ahead of us (who are perceived as needing a CB)
Than,,
4) trade with us
Or hell
5) assume since we're shopping the pick around we might not take Banks and roll the dice in us passing him by

I really don't think you can project trades in general except in insanely obvious cases near the top of the draft usually involving quarterbacks or, if not, similarly clearly "best at position" players.

No, that makes our desire to trade back more likely. It does not make anyone else's desire to trade up with us more likely and, in fact, makes it less likely.

Right!! and desire + the right person dropping could make the trade back more of a chance to happen.

IF Jonathan Banks somehow manages to get past TB and makes it to us. I would think S would be a bigger need than CB@ that point. The trade would make sense for both parties in that particular scenario.

Like i said its a 70-20-10 chance that we will end up staying put and selecting the BPA but if a scenario arises then i think we pull the trade because we NEED more picks than the 5 we currently have.

Exactly. It does happen, again the Eagles trading up for Cox. But that was a head scratcher then, and a similar situation occurring this year would be another head scratcher now.

Seriously, the only person I can see generating a trade market in the 13/15 range is Jonathon Banks with Milner already off the board. But in such a case a team that wants Banks may
1) trade ahead of TB (who needs a CB)
2) trade with TB
3) trade ahead of us (who are perceived as needing a CB)
Than,,
4) trade with us
Or hell
5) assume since we're shopping the pick around we might not take Banks and roll the dice in us passing him by

I really don't think you can project trades in general except in insanely obvious cases near the top of the draft usually involving quarterbacks or, if not, similarly clearly "best at position" players.

Which is why i normally stay away from projecting trades but they are a way to get extra picks when doing a quick draft so sometimes i include them.

I tend to just go with history and history says Loomis/Payton don't value stockpiling picks, especially at the expense of first round position. We give them away like candy in trades as well.

If OG Chance Warmack, CB Johnthan Banks, a high rated DT Hankins, Jenkins, Richardson or maybe one of the OLB/DE Tweeners Mingo/Jordan are there I could see St.Louis, Dallas (need interior O-line badly) Indianapolis (want Interior OL, and DT) wanting to move up.

Provided we don't like any of those players I think the opportunity might be there to move down if we really wanted to.

I tend to just go with history and history says Loomis/Payton don't value stockpiling picks, especially at the expense of first round position. We give them away like candy in trades as well.

I feel ya...and i follow trends as well...but my generall rule. When its a long running trend i start looking for it to be snapped.

Rex Ryan not having a single Defense make it to the playoffs.......i expect that to be snapped.

The only real scenario that I see is if one of the top three LT's is still on the board and if the Saints don't want him a team will want to move up to get him. Either the Bears will want to move to 15 to make sure that they get their man or some other team will want to move in front of the Bears.

Other than that I don't see anybody wanting to move to 15.

The only real scenario that I see is if one of the top three LT's is still on the board and if the Saints don't want him a team will want to move up to get him. Either the Bears will want to move to 15 to make sure that they get their man or some other team will want to move in front of the Bears.

Other than that I don't see anybody wanting to move to 15.

I see 2 actually.

Lane Johnson - Who is as good as gone with the Rams picking behind us so a team could try leap frog them by trading with us.

Jonathan Banks- If he gets pass the bucs a team like the vikings may be willing to trade up as they need a corner.

I see 2 actually.

Lane Johnson - Who is as good as gone with the Rams picking behind us so a team could try leap frog them by trading with us.

Jonathan Banks- If he gets pass the bucs a team like the vikings may be willing to trade up as they need a corner.
Chance Warmack - a team like the Bears or Colts may want to move past the Rams to get him. The top G in quite some time.

Kenny Vaccaro - The Vikings, Pats and Cowboys may want to move past Rams who also need a S. Cowboys were reportedly highly interested in Mark Barron.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom