If we win the Toss..... (1 Viewer)

St. PJ

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
On most occasions I prefer kicking off to start the game. The only exception comes when facing a team like Philidelphia who normally get off to a fast start. In that situation, it is wise to get the ball first and take time off the clock and possibly put up a score before giving the ball to the other offense. It is important to set the tone of the game early against teams like Phili and Indianapolis. Versus Baltimore, I hope we kick off first. I would like to see our defense hold them to a quick 3 and out before our offense tries to march down the field and score. Hopefully we get up a couple of scores before half and come back and score on our first drive in the 2nd half to deflate their morale a little more. My biggest concern about getting the ball first is Micheal Lewis. Will he hold on to the ball after taking that first live hit?

Receive the kickoff always, lest you find yourself 7 points down before your offense even takes the field.

Receive the kickoff always, lest you find yourself 7 points down before your offense even takes the field.

If you have faith in your defense, kickoff instead. That way, no matter what transpires in the first half, you get the ball back at halftime. There is nothing better than scoring as the half expires, getting the ball back, and scoring again to start the next half.

I hope they get the ball first, we would have better field position and get ball first in second half

If you have faith in your defense, kickoff instead. That way, no matter what transpires in the first half, you get the ball back at halftime. There is nothing better than scoring as the half expires, getting the ball back, and scoring again to start the next half.

... lest you find yourself down 35-0 at halftime.

take it hold it for 8:30 min score a TD this time!

Guys in the NFL you always take the ball because it is not like college where you can defer to the 2nd half. The loser of the toss gets the choice n the 2nd half.

NFL Digest of Rules

Coin Toss
1. The toss of coin will take place within three minutes of kickoff in center of field. The toss will be called by the visiting captain before the coin is flipped. The winner may choose one of two privileges and the loser gets the other:

(a) Receive or kick

(b) Goal his team will defend

2. Immediately prior to the start of the second half, the captains of both teams must inform the officials of their respective choices. The loser of the original coin toss gets first choice

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom