What should we do if.?

• Rest

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Play hard

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Since it is possible that we may not get the bye week and home field throughout

If we know this before the week 17 game against the Bucs Should we rest as many players we can and treat it as a bye/glorified practice or go all out in a game that doesn't improve or Seeding.

If it does not improve our seeding and we are already cemented as the wild card, I say we bench the starters. It worked out well for us last postseason.

Besides, this team seems to play well after the bye, and Lord knows we will likely still have injury problems.

If our playoff seeding is decided before the Bucs game and we do not get a bye, I say we treat it like a preseason game. Play all/most of our starters for part the first half for the purpose of keeping them sharp and in sync. But play mostly backups the rest of the game.

Remember people we are among the small minority that got our clock cleaned by the NFC West, Arizona lost & SF almost and still have St Louis.

We can have no let up this year. Don't just bring the wood, swing it

I vote rest, if there is no bearing on seed. Especially considering the health concerns of this team this year.

That said, it isn't going to matter. The Saints will be playing for something, most likely a shot at the division title/#1 seed, on the last day of the season.

Playing starters a week before a playoff game with absolutely nothing to gain (or lose) would be akin to converting to a Failclowns or Cowpies fan.

It would be a complete act of insanity. :loco:

Is this even a question?

Twice we've rested starters going into the playoffs, twice we've won our next game and once we won the superbowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom