NFL If/when the 2020 season is cancelled... what happens? (1 Viewer)

So, if this season is canceled and its looking more so like it will end up that way. Is this the end of Drew, does he retire? It would suck for him to go out like that.
I'd think he would.

He's going to be spending time with his kids that he'd never had the time for before, and that will probably sway him to hanging them up IF he was planning on this being his last year and IF Brady breaking all of his records wouldn't bother him too much.

Are player contracts just rolled over into the next season? ...or do players that would have been FAs next offseason still hit the FA market?

What about the Draft? If there’s no NCAA season, do all players get another season of eligibility? Do they still have a draft? How do teams draft another crop of rookies, when they still have a class of rookies that are still, well... rookies?

The money and salaries are a whole other story... I couldnt care less if owners and Goodell lose money... or the majority of the super rich prima donna players.. but what about the guys making league minimum or PS guys?

The situation is moving closer and closer to the inevitability of no football in 2020. The “ish” is heading straight into the fan.

Excellent post! Thx.

These are truly extraordinary times. There is so much unknown yet about the virus, sickness, how lethal it is or not. And we are not a species who does well in isolation. Crap, isolation is how our system punishes severe criminal acts in prison.

And then there the questions so many of us want to know. Will there be football is one for those of us addicts. The owners don't know nor do the players really know what the season will look like and if they play full, partial or not at all. Who will get paid how much is being deeply explored right now.

I have had some major contract work over the years and nearly everyone one has a "Force Majure" clause, acts of nature out of our control. In most contracts, this can be used to cancel or change the major terms of a contract. I'm wondering how this is going to play out when the owner and players really start fighting if full payment is being taken off the table by the owners hiding behind Force Majure clauses in the contracts. Chuck 500 would know if this virus situation would be considered Force Majure. I don't

Excellent post! Thx.

These are truly extraordinary times. There is so much unknown yet about the virus, sickness, how lethal it is or not. And we are not a species who does well in isolation. Crap, isolation is how our system punishes severe criminal acts in prison.

And then there the questions so many of us want to know. Will there be football is one for those of us addicts. The owners don't know nor do the players really know what the season will look like and if they play full, partial or not at all. Who will get paid how much is being deeply explored right now.

I have had some major contract work over the years and nearly everyone one has a "Force Majure" clause, acts of nature out of our control. In most contracts, this can be used to cancel or change the major terms of a contract. I'm wondering how this is going to play out when the owner and players really start fighting if full payment is being taken off the table by the owners hiding behind Force Majure clauses in the contracts. Chuck 500 would know if this virus situation would be considered Force Majure. I don't

May the Force be with them -- depending on your perspective on labor issues, of course ;)

The money and salaries are a whole other story... I couldnt care less if owners and Goodell lose money... or the majority of the super rich prima donna players.. but what about the guys making league minimum or PS guys?

I agree that I could not care less if the owners lose money but Goodells salary is guaranteed money in the bank so he won't lose a dime.

As far as the guys making league minimum that's still a damn good salary in the everyday world that us mere mortals struggle to get by in. Or maybe they'll have to step out into the real world and actually get a real job like everyone else does.

Times are hard for everyone right now and they're no exception to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom