If Winston signs elsewhere ... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What I think will happen is Winston will be let go or traded and Payton will sit down with Hill and say, "Look you are very very good at the position that we have you in and you enjoy doing what you are doing, so we are going to draft Mac Jones as our new starting quarter back and you will work with him as you did Brees.:duncan:

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I heard an interview on Fox Sports today with a Patriots broadcaster that said he doesn't see anyway the Patriots bring back Newton and that Winston is a real choice that Belichek could go after. He did say that he has no inside information on this but he thinks he would be a good move for them.

I checked and according to spot trac the Pats have $68M in cap space so if it comes down to a biding was between the Saints and Pats, the Saints lose easily.

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
I am willing to bet that in this market Winston will get a big offer from somewhere.
There was little or no market for him last year. He played a handful of plays, so it’s not like he displayed new habits that teams would want to see. Many teams need to make difficult cap decisions in a market where the cap is going down. All of that tells me that Jameis will have a limited market, unless one of the teams with cap space found a reason to suddenly like him a lot more than they liked him last year. A newly developed need and no where else to turn would be the only factor I could see coming in to play.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I heard an interview on Fox Sports today with a Patriots broadcaster that said he doesn't see anyway the Patriots bring back Newton and that Winston is a real choice that Belichek could go after. He did say that he has no inside information on this but he thinks he would be a good move for them.

I checked and according to spot trac the Pats have $68M in cap space so if it comes down to a biding was between the Saints and Pats, the Saints lose easily.
I just can’t see the patriots getting into a bidding war for Jameis Winston. They never pay QBs top dollar. They’d have to overpay to get him there.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hoe he signs with the Panthers or the Falcons because that will be two guaranteed wins every year even if we were starting one of the Billy Joes.
Won’t happen. Panthers are going for Watson and will probably draft a qb if they can’t get him. Falcons also likely draft a qb.

mr.t

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So you know why??? I can probably guess what you are implying. Sick of that talk bro. Back to the point. I'm finding it hard to see Winston as our starting qb also....and its because he was a hated punk qb of our nfc south rival bucs. That's all.
Wat is he implying ?

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There was little or no market for him last year. He played a handful of plays, so it’s not like he displayed new habits that teams would want to see. Many teams need to make difficult cap decisions in a market where the cap is going down. All of that tells me that Jameis will have a limited market, unless one of the teams with cap space found a reason to suddenly like him a lot more than they liked him last year. A newly developed need and no where else to turn would be the only factor I could see coming in to play.
The difference between last year and this year is there is no Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Teddy Bridgewater.

You’re looking at Jameis, Dalton, Newton type of quarterbacks and having not played a lot last season probably pushes Jameis above the others who didn’t play well.

I do think his market will be limited with the colts getting wentz, Rams getting, stafford and lions getting Goff. I don’t see the patriots shelling out a lot for jameis. The 49ers are sounding like they will stick with Jimmy G. I think Washington will see what shakes out with Smith, Allen, Heinke. Chicago feels like the place but there isn’t a single word of Jameis speculation on their fan board. And they’ve talked about every other QB down to Mike Glennon.

Reaction score
I hoe he signs with the Panthers or the Falcons because that will be two guaranteed wins every year even if we were starting one of the Billy Joes.
Really?! You don't believe this yourself, if you really do than you're just a Jameis Hater!!! I guess you know more than SP!!! Please!!!

Reaction score
Really?! You don't believe this yourself, if you really do than you're just a Jameis Hater!!! I guess you know more than SP!!! Please!!!
Hit a nerve a bit? I do believe this and this was how I felt when he played in Tampa because he was a freaking joke. If you think CSP really felt so great about him and wasn’t just blowing smoke then why did they contact Seattle about Russell Wilson? Now do yourself a favor and relax.

Reaction score
SMDH dude Winston is 3-4 historically against the Saints. 1 of em being the comeback W against us in TB when Kamara ran a kick back. Sheer ignorance just about everytime u post

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom