If you are a self-abuser... (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
...are you part of the #memetoo movement?

DISCLAIMER: This joke is not meant to offend anyone or make fun of a movement which is quite serious and should be taken seriously. It's just that sometimes thoughts roll through my head (see below) and I just have to let them out.

I would not hire the Empire to be my construction managers. (Star Wars joke)

If you make light of the #metoo movement, are you part of the problem?

Disclaimers aside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was/am involved in the creative arts but I often had issue with calling myself an artist
Art is not merely something expressed but it must reach an audience - it must make an aesthetic impact on an audience
An artist can’t say “I made art”

Jokes are similar

tenor.gif

I pick my fingernails. Sometimes (like when working on something really big at work, or during a close Saints game) I pick them bad enough that my fingers hurt.

Serious thought. I generally don't consider myself a #metoo-er. Have I been in same or similar circumstances as others who do consider themselves a #metoo-er? Most probably. And I consider them "life lessons" as they are generally things in which I had options (do I stay or do I go?) and was not harmed either emotionally or physically or professionally and owned up to perhaps what part my bad choices had played. It's always been a patriarchal world and I've just tried to do my best to overcome that without getting on a soapbox.

Serious thought. I generally don't consider myself a #metoo-er. Have I been in same or similar circumstances as others who do consider themselves a #metoo-er? Most probably. And I consider them "life lessons" as they are generally things in which I had options (do I stay or do I go?) and was not harmed either emotionally or physically or professionally and owned up to perhaps what part my bad choices had played. It's always been a patriarchal world and I've just tried to do my best to overcome that without getting on a soapbox.

I respect what you're saying and your right to deal with the events that occur in your life how you feel is best. I just want to point out that many problems in our world have been brought to light by getting on a soapbox. It's not for everyone, but the outcome of doing so, in many situations, has been.

:9: To soapboxes and the people who climbed on one or will do so in the future for the betterment of our society.

DISCLAIMER: This joke is not meant to offend anyone or make fun of a movement which is quite serious and should be taken seriously. It's just that sometimes thoughts roll through my head (see below) and I just have to let them out.

when i get mad at myself..I mandate a timeout...no TV,no radio,no food and I won't talk to myself for sometimes a full day.this is why I try to think issues through before I jump the gun..I hate punishing myself but I think of it more like its a act of tough love/at nearly 54 I am still learning and also continue to try to understand how this new generation works..try having a conversation with a 16 yr old about planting/gardening/harvesting..they look at you like you're nuts..

I think it would only make you a victim if you had a Caitlin Jenner type situiation.

i have no idea what you all are talking about. my imaginary friend says "me too".

I respect what you're saying and your right to deal with the events that occur in your life how you feel is best. I just want to point out that many problems in our world have been brought to light by getting on a soapbox. It's not for everyone, but the outcome of doing so, in many situations, has been.

:9: To soapboxes and the people who climbed on one or will do so in the future for the betterment of our society.

:9: To soapboxes and the women who climbed on one without wearing a vagina hat so that it's totally unnecessary for you to tell me you respect my rights.

:9: To soapboxes and the women who climbed on one without wearing a vagina hat so that it's totally unnecessary for you to tell me you respect my rights.

Touche. I just wanted to be clear that my point was aimed at soapboxes and not your personal experience.

I have no opinion of where vagina hats fall in that.

The Stranger can always help in a pinch...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom