N/S If You Are in Charge of the Bengals, Would You Accept the Dolphins Offer (Alleged Report) (1 Viewer)

Yeah a good oline can even make a mediocre qb look good
The Cowboys have had one of the best Oline groups in the past few years and they havent sniffed a Super Bowl appearance.

that is an interesting example. Unfortunately, neither of those guys would have come anywhere close to living up to that pick. It would have put butts in seats though.

You better ask Loose Cannon about that -lol. Under the right offensive coach, VY could have been HOF.

Fun aside, VY's individual performance in the national championship was likely the greatest championship game ever played. Pete Carol knew they would lose if VY got the ball back, which is what actually happened when Carol went for it on 4th and 1 around midfield with less than 2 minutes left.

Miami has 5 first round picks in the next two drafts. I believe they have multiple 2 and 3 as well. They could be a dynasty if they hit those picks.

The Cowboys have had one of the best Oline groups in the past few years and they havent sniffed a Super Bowl appearance.

I would put that on Jason Garrett. They've had all types of talent on offense and defense just a guy that isn't qualified to lead an organization as well as an owner who is a micromanager.

Who knows what Joe Burrow or any other 1st round pick will be in the NFL but if you can get 3 first rounders for one you take it. It's a crap shoot and you would have just increased your odds by 75%

300%?

although I guess technically the increase is 200%

I don't get it. The Dolphins were in perfect position to have this pick they covet so much anyway. How did they screw that up so bad.
Two words - Ryan Fitzpatrick. He lit it up down the stretch and the Dolphins won 3 of their last 5 games, including a win at NE week 17 that knocked the Patriots out the #2 spot which, of course, included a first-round bye. The Chiefs jumped into the #2 position and the rest, as they say, is history.

Two words - Ryan Fitzpatrick. He lit it up down the stretch and the Dolphins won 3 of their last 5 games, including a win at NE week 17 that knocked the Patriots out the #2 spot which, of course, included a first-round bye. The Chiefs jumped into the #2 position and the rest, as they say, is history.

Still not as bad as the Giants selling out to beat the Skins in week 16 and giving Chase Young to a division rival.

God imagine if he turns out to be a bust lol
It's a distinct possibility. That is not a well run organization. Throw your QB out there without any support system in place, and he can burn out quickly.

Andrew Luck was no where near as good and successful as he should've been. I very highkey hope there's some clause or whatever that would allow him to come back to the NFL someday and he's no longer tired to the Colts.

The Bengals are in a unique situation. They are in a struggling market and are losing fans. Drafting Burrow draws interest to the Bengals. Tua is a fine QB he may or may not stay healthy in the NFL. But him and some other draft picks are not going to resonate nearly as much with the fan base as much as Joe.

Drafting Burrow does many things: puts fans in the stands, moves merchandise helps local tv ratings and buys the Bengals time. They can draft more players next year and add pieces through free agency.

The Bengals trading away the Chance to draft Burrw will be a major draft fumble. Brings to mind the Texans in 2006. They could of had Reggie Bush or Vince Young among others. I think they had the number one pick and used it on Mario Williams. He was a good player but not a potential game changer.
This. Burrow would put buts in the seats, increase tv viewersship and national games, and add media attention and name recognition immediately. His brand is something you're getting as well if he pans out. Who maybe in a few years he'll be doing the All State commercials with Mahomes lol

It's a distinct possibility. That is not a well run organization. Throw your QB out there without any support system in place, and he can burn out quickly.

Andrew Luck was no where near as good and successful as he should've been. I very highkey hope there's some clause or whatever that would allow him to come back to the NFL someday and he's no longer tired to the Colts.
It is pretty sad I mean they waited until these last 2 years to actually fix their oline by that time though he was already pretty broken.

You better ask Loose Cannon about that -lol. Under the right offensive coach, VY could have been HOF.

Fun aside, VY's individual performance in the national championship was likely the greatest championship game ever played. Pete Carol knew they would lose if VY got the ball back, which is what actually happened when Carol went for it on 4th and 1 around midfield with less than 2 minutes left.

yes incredible game against Ol One Pete. Something about Texas players. So many of them leave their best at that school and underwhelm in the pros.

As it stands right now, the Miami Dolphins have three picks in the first round of the NFL Draft. Picks 5, 18, and 26 all belong to them. According to reports, the Dolphins are willing to give the three picks to the Bengals in return for the number one spot. The Dolphins are set on drafting Joe Burrow with the first overall pick in this year's draft. If you are in charge of the Bengals would accept the offer from Miami?

Hell yes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom