N/S If You Are in Charge of the Bengals, Would You Accept the Dolphins Offer (Alleged Report) (1 Viewer)

You’re essentially getting two 1sts, not three. You’re trading the top pick for a lower one and gaining two on top of it. Tough call. It depends on how much they truly like Burrow. If they think he’s their future, he is well worth not making the deal. If Miami thinks he could be their future, it’s a fair offer, but you might have to do a little better. Maybe throw a next year’s 2nd in, as well.

The simple answer is, do you believe Burrow is THE man. If you do, you don't make that deal. Franchise-changing QBs rarely are available to a team. If you don't, then of course you make the move. I realize we're talking about the Bengals, but ultimately you trust your gut on your evaluation and make the move that it says.

Good lord, yes.

Take Tua at five, fill in holes with the rest

My first thought too, but I'm pretty confident Tua will go in the top 3. So you'd have to move back up from 5 to 3.

Either way, I'd still make the trade if I were Cincy.

Side note: IF the Saints were the Dolphins and had 3 picks and OUR current roster? Hell yes I'd trade 3 first round picks to move up to #1 and take Burrow.

IF I'm the Dolphins, Hell no. That team is almost XFL talent wise and drafting Burrow would only not improve the team, and drop years off of Burrow's life expectancy.

IF I'm the Bengals, Hell yeah and laugh all the way to the skype podium 3 times and keep Andy Dalton with a roster reloaded for him within 2 years.

Either way, there's no guarantee Burrow will be in the pros what he was at the L. He'll be in a different system with different coaches that have different ways of doing things. Not to.memtion rookies are expected to come into the NFL with more humility than hype.

The 3picks are better than the #1, if you can get more get it!

If I'm the Bengals, I'd probably stay at #1. It'd be cheaper to ruin Burrow than to ruin three first round draft picks, including #5.

It's all wasted money anyway. Might as well conserve what you can.

Lot of you think because of the organization is the reason for your choice on stay or trade, so are yall saying a Peyton Manning - Tom Brady - Drew Brees - Aaron Rodgers would not be able to turn around an organization such as Miami or Cincy ? Think we need to look at this situation as if the Saints are back in 2000 or 1999 would you keep the 1st pick for a possible franchise QB? or grab the extra picks....

I know Miami has a ton of picks.. If I'm the Dolphins, I don't understand them wanting to move up and give up that much. The only way I'm moving up is if you think both Burrow and Tua are going to be gone before the 5th pick. Which they could, the Redskins are interesting sitting at 2, what do they do? If you the Bengals, you what the guy that's got the highest ceiling in your opinion, the bonus is that he's from the area about 3hrs from Athens to Cincy and he just has a confindence and work ethic too him. Idk, I'd take the picks personally but I'd ask for everything under the sun.

For the trade down discussion, Detroit is the pivot. Assuming Burrow and Young go #1 & #2, this is where I'd expect the appetite to trade down meets those looking to trade up (likely for a QB).

So for Miami, a drop from #1 to #5 (if they rate Tua similar to Burrow on their board, and they want a QB) comes with quite a bit of risk of someone jumping ahead of them.

Then again, if they also have Herbert graded similarly, it's a fairly safe play to drop down.

But as I said before, it all depends on how you have stacked your board. You trust that first and foremost when comparing the benefits of picking at the different spots.

I thought it sounded like a huge and disproportionate offer, but adding up the points on the "draft pick value calculator" (not taking the players into account just draft postition) it's almost an even trade there.

It depends on whether CIN is looking short term or long term.

If CIN is thinking long term success, keep Burrow and shore up the OL.

If they want to explode in 2020 and have great players for 3-4 years, they take the 3 1st rounders.

Burrow is like LeBron in that region. Bengals are picking him.

This is really a no brainer for the bungles....so what are the bungles famous for?

The bungles have an uncany ability to ruin players careers who end up with them....that record speaks for itself. No wonder why the bungles are such a bottom dweller team....they have an incredible talent to screw up everything....this time is no exception....so what if Burrows is an once in a lifetime talent?....which is more probable? Burrows turns the bungles around....or the bungles screw up his career, just as they screwed up other promissing talentd player's career? The answer is obvious....Burrows production will decline inevitably and in 2 years the bungles will finnish their screw-up job, just as before....

So then accept the Dolphins offer? But the results will be exactly the same as with Burrows.....what makes anybody think that they change their ways if they trade out of the #1 spot?

I think they stay put, and end up screwing up Burrows only....that's their way to parade him at first....they abandon him as they did it with all the others before him

I would ask for picks 5,18,39,56, and their third rounder. I think there is so much value in the second and third rounds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom