N/S If You Are in Charge of the Bengals, Would You Accept the Dolphins Offer (Alleged Report) (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
As it stands right now, the Miami Dolphins have three picks in the first round of the NFL Draft. Picks 5, 18, and 26 all belong to them. According to reports, the Dolphins are willing to give the three picks to the Bengals in return for the number one spot. The Dolphins are set on drafting Joe Burrow with the first overall pick in this year's draft. If you are in charge of the Bengals would accept the offer from Miami?

As it stands right now, the Miami Dolphins have three picks in the first round of the NFL Draft. Picks 5, 18, and 26 all belong to them. According to reports, the Dolphins are willing to give the three picks to the Bengals in return for the number one spot. The Dolphins are set on drafting Joe Burrow with the first overall pick in this year's draft. If you are in charge of the Bengals would accept the offer from Miami?

It depends entirely on the grades each team has given the top 5 or so prospects. If I'm Cincinnati and I grade Burrow much higher than who I think is going to be there at #5, then I stay put. If not, then I think seriously about moving down the order.

But 4 spots is a fairly long way to fall when you still v much need a franchise QB.

I don't think so. I don't think that you pass on an elite QB unless you feel that there is another elite QB or elite pass rusher in return. I'd probably require #5, #18, #26, and next year's first rounder. That at least increases the probability that you could potentially land an elite QB or pass rusher in next years draft with that extra first rounder.

Who knows what Joe Burrow or any other 1st round pick will be in the NFL but if you can get 3 first rounders for one you take it. It's a crap shoot and you would have just increased your odds by 75%

I'd take the three 1's, a good solid OL, and a number 1 and 2nd rounder next year. Or as much as I could get. The Bengals aren't just a QB away from being relevant.

I would rather have 3 #1 picks than 1 . . . the odds are a little more in my favor of a hit. Cincy is more than a QB away from being competitive.
but say you have Burrow for 10 years
if Cincy is not ready to be competitive this year, maybe they will be in 3 years
that's 7 years of potentially vying for the SB
otoh, they could take all of the 1st and still not be able to field a competitive team for another 10 years

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom