If you are LT, do you try to play the rest of Sunday's game (1 Viewer)

but I did not like the way he sat there on the end of the bench seeming to pout. He could have at least shown support for the rest of the team.

Exactly. In my view he's always been a bit of a pouter.

AFC Title game and you're gonna ride the pine all game? The face of the franchise just sat their like a bump on a log all game.

I don't have a problem with him sitting, but I did not like the way he sat there on the end of the bench seeming to pout. He could have at least shown support for the rest of the team. Of course I did not watch the whole game, so he may have been

LOL!! How do you know he pouted? He had his helmet on the whole time... and its shielded witha dark visor.

Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this... but maybe... just maybe... his knee was so sore that he couldn't run up and down the sidelines cheering his guys on... and as I said... I sprained my knee a few years back and I'm sure mine wasn't as bad as LT's knee was just by judging the hit he took... but I know damm well I didn't want to walk ANYWHERE.

To be honest he would have more then likely did more harm then good. I know people that have had something like he had and have gotten it myself playing flag football and you just are not yourself. Basically cutting and any contact other then normal running hurts to the point of the knee giving out. While LT probubly wanted to play and thought he could he was not LT he was just a guy with that injury.

I don't see how anyone can question what LT did, if he said it didn't feel right, then it didn't feel right. I'm sure LT wanted to play in the superbowl just as much as the next guy, to add to an already (probably) hall of fame career. I don't think he just said 'it feels alright, but the superbowl is no big deal, so i'll just go ahead and sit this one out.'

I also think that he did the exact opposite of being selfish, like many are accusing him of doing. In an interview he said "A 100% Michael Turner and Darren Sproles is better than me at 50% any day." He could have tried to stick it out the whole game, putting together a long game of falling down on first contact and gaining about 2 YPC the entire game, or he could sit it out and give Turner and Sproles a chance to show what they can do, which he thought would probably benefit his team, and it probably did.

I thought we all saw first hand how playing on a ligament injury hurt Reggie. They did the right thing starting Turner.

All he had was like 2 carries on 2 series. It was pretty dumb to me. He didn't get many yards... it usually takes RBs a while to get in a groove.

Leading up to the game it was understood that it was just a ligament bruise or somthing... and that LT would be ready to play.

LT not playing basically handed the game to the Patriots. LT is the Chargers. I didn't watch that game to see Micheal Turner, I watched to see if LT can carry his team to a Super Bowl... he didn't. He sat on the bench the whole darn game like he was going to come back in(stayed dressed & helmet was always on).

If LT would have went to the locker room & put street clothes on, I wouldn't be so 'angry'. If they would have told the truth about his injury in the first place(which now doesn't even seem to be that bad, as he won't need surgery). His QB Rivers, who had just had surgery went out there and competed on a TORN ligament. LT is only looking like a whiney baby.

JMHO

Okay, I can't honestly think that if LT could have played and helped his team win, that he wouldn't have been out there. Players take a beating all season to play in games like that.

i question the fact LT had the helmet on ala ricky williams and wasnt cheering on his team from what i could see. he seems to be a sore loser.

well i am not a fan of LT i think he is overrated and the product of the oline. so i assume as for getting hard yards like a barber, jones drew or our very own duece LT can't do it. he knew he had to earn yards and the mcl wasnt feeling good. if he had holes maybe a different story.

Wow...

Just... wow....

They say in a group of many, there's always one... but wow...

well i am not a fan of LT i think he is overrated and the product of the oline. so i assume as for getting hard yards like a barber, jones drew or our very own duece LT can't do it.

You have got to be kidding me? Have you seen this dude play? Thos RBs you mention are no where close to LT in overall talent and skill. The only RB that can be mentioned in the same breath as LT, all time, is Barry Sanders IMO...and that is pushing it. I wish Reggie Bush would learn how to use his shiftyness as well as LT does.

well i am not a fan of LT i think he is overrated and the product of the oline. so i assume as for getting hard yards like a barber, jones drew or our very own duece LT can't do it. he knew he had to earn yards and the mcl wasnt feeling good. if he had holes maybe a different story.

Attachments

• retard_prize.jpg
    retard_prize.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
My feeling is that there is something else going on behind the scenes that we all dont know about. Why else would a guy sit like that during a game im almost positive hes been waiting to play, vs a team hes been waiting to beat for an entire year, It just doesnt make any sense. There has to be more to this story.

As for the neon peon, I don't take what he says with any seriousness, as dude always folded like a cheap tent whenever a tackle had to be made. Its easy for him to talk from his sideline position behind a desk now. Sanders is nothing but an opportunist IMO.

I'm actually shocked at many of the opinions here. LT went out and tried to give it a go. It wasn't working. Michael Turner will probably be a starter for another team next year. A 100% Michael Turner is probably better than a 85% LT. Sproles has also demonstrated the ability to make huge plays. Why wouldn't you put your best players (at that moment) on the field.

LT is one of my favorite players in the game. In his entire career, the only bad thing anyone can ever say about him is his outburst after losing to the Patriots last year. One time, after a loss in a big game, he lost a little bit of composure. Look no further than Drew Brees to see what kind of person LT is. His repeated comments over the last couple of years as a Saint are enough for me to know LT is for real.

And I think LT is probably the best RB ever - he's at least in the debate with Sanders, Jim Brown and Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom