If you believe in Curses/jinxes, I have a theory and its about to be lifted. (1 Viewer)

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So, if you think back to the 2011 calendar year. The Saints steamrolled to a 13-3 regular season and LSU curbstomped through their entire regular season and SEC Championship game, making it to the Natty(in the Superdome) undefeated. The calendar turns to 2012....SOMETHING happen to that LSU team that we will probably never know unless a tell all book is one day written by someone on that team. Either, player/coach infighting or partying the night before and they were all hungover, or something else, and they laid a rotten egg that was so uncharacteristic of everything we had seen that year from that LSU team. Since that egg in the superdome to start 2012, the Saints had an uncharacteristic 5 turnover game @SF that cost the best Saints team ever the Superbowl, they got hammered with bountygate, LSU had not returned to the Natty, the Saints started losing more in the Dome than on the road, the Minny Miracle, uncharacteristic home playoff losses, getting saddled with the 3 seed TWICE as a 13-3 team, NOLA no call, referee bias, etc.
This will be the first time the Superdome has hosted the Natty since then and LSU is ready to make amends and undo the tarnish it put on the Dome for our hometown teams. LSU rolls as they should've in 2012 and the world will be right again for the NOLA FB gods and set us back on the path we were headed to prior to that sorry excuse for a game then next year the Saints can go 13-3 and get Homefiled advantage that is an actual advantage and we go all the way.

It was because LSU had to play Alabama again in 2011. If LSU had played Oklahoma State instead, the drama never would've happened and we would've steamrolled them, cementing our legacy as the greatest CFB team ever.

As an unbiased Razorback fan, I really think LSU is going to take it on the chin against Clemson. I just think Clemson has a talent advantage and several mismatches that LSU doesn’t have. I have been wrong before, but I see Clemson winning

As an unbiased Razorback fan, I really think LSU is going to take it on the chin against Clemson. I just think Clemson has a talent advantage and several mismatches that LSU doesn’t have. I have been wrong before, but I see Clemson winning

I had Clemson pre-season going all the way again. Does LSU have a shot to win this sure as hell they do there a damn good team, I just think Clemson is deeper and more talented. That and I am still salty about the OU game. Yes I like OU and I am a Longhorn fan, I know very odd. It's a long story and don't feel like telling it.

Anyways it should be a hell of a game though.

As another unbiased razorback fan.. I will be betting on LSU..
I have really enjoyed watching LSU this year while the Hogs continue to do Hog things

I had Clemson pre-season going all the way again. Does LSU have a shot to win this sure as hell they do there a damn good team, I just think Clemson is deeper and more talented. That and I am still salty about the OU game. Yes I like OU and I am a Longhorn fan, I know very odd. It's a long story and don't feel like telling it.

Anyways it should be a hell of a game though.

Oklahoma had a terrible defense before they lost three starters to suspension and injury in the lead up. When I heard Delarrin Turner Yell was out, it was obvious Justin Jefferson was going to have his way with the OU defense. I think that LSU performance mislead a lot of the onlookers that were not paying close enough attention to circumstances around the game.

As another unbiased razorback fan.. I will be betting on LSU..
I have really enjoyed watching LSU this year while the Hogs continue to do Hog things

If it’s any consolation, Chad Morris is with Auburn now so we can hold out hope that he will do his best to tank that program next.

Maybe we can get that Voodoo lady (that helped us get our first postseason victory) to come out and help remove any curses?

Oklahoma had a terrible defense before they lost three starters to suspension and injury in the lead up. When I heard Delarrin Turner Yell was out, it was obvious Justin Jefferson was going to have his way with the OU defense. I think that LSU performance mislead a lot of the onlookers that were not paying close enough attention to circumstances around the game.

I have to disagree on one thing OU's defense was actually a top 30 defense ranked higher than LSU's. OU lost their best pass rusher Ronnie Perkins on the D-Line and they lost their second best rusher both do to suspension, and lost their best safety do to a broken collar bone the one you just mentioned. TBH I don't think that would of affected the game as much maybe take a TD or 2 off the board for LSU they were that good compared to their replacements but they would still would of lost. OU is still in a rebuilding stage especially under first year D coordinator Alex Grinch, a lot of those players were from the terrible Mike Stoops era and most were undersized.

A guy on YouTube named TopBillin posted a video of OU's defense and their mistakes and to be quite frank it was more on the coaching than the players, as soon as the defense made a big mistake they started to play timid and actually started to panic so they played off coverage, they missed basic assignments and just were not gap sound all night. That is on coaching not on players. Trust me OU's defense is not as bad as they looked that night they just panic'd and once you do that against a good and hot offense its over.

Clemson is legit and LSU is riding high, especially after their game with OU that is a dangerous situation to have if you are LSU, especially when Clemson is the underdog and that team always covered the spread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom