If you believe that the NFL is rigged then you can’t keep watching (1 Viewer)

cash1234

genius of myself
Reaction score
I really believe that the biggest reason most fans don’t question the legitimacy of NFL football is because if they did they would lose one of their favorite pastimes. I just can’t understand why the NFL would put up with bad officiating year after year unless they used the bad officiating to their advantage

I really believe that the biggest reason most fans don’t question the legitimacy of NFL football is because if they did they would lose one of their favorite pastimes. I just can’t understand why the NFL would put up with bad officiating year after year unless they used the bad officiating to their advantage
Been a die hard saints fan for 38 years. I’ve always had a hunch it was rigged, today proved it 100% is and is all about money. Officially done

That was the last game for me, [mod edit, thinly veiled profanity] the nfl

Last edited by a moderator:
It was so blatant, I’m not even angry for some reason. I’m just amused.

You’re right. I can’t keep watching. Been a fan of the Saints for 30 years. This is most likely going to be my last season watching. Glad I saw them win their feel good story in 2009. I could have done without the string of soul crushing playoff losses that followed and I could have done without the robbery tonight.

I can deal with a player's mistake costing a game, or a terrible offensive plan, or defensive plan. a qb who just ruins a game with terrible play, getting blown out. This, I cannot deal with. Will not deal with. Its going to take a heck of a lot to keep me in on this NFL garbage. Everyone I know feels the same way. Its crazy to me to see such a solidarity in refusing this BS

All those years we weren't very good my dad would would tell me the NFL was rigged but I would still watch week after week cheering on my Saints hoping he was wrong. When it was finally our year and we won it all I thought to myself that I knew now that it was all legit. Now I'm back to square one

The answer is as simple as it doesn't hurt them at all.

They still make money hand over fist and the fans keep coming back.

Ratings may have dipped a bit in recent years but I think they tipped back up. What other game is in town?

People KNOW wrestling is fake but it keeps chugging along...so will the NFL.

You have to get to a certain point and see the patterns and feel the pain to turn it off. Most fan bases haven't been jobbed as hard as New Orleans, though generally I do talk to people who hate the league office as well.

But there's no other game in town but College.

Last edited:

If that were the case then why does the league suspend players for DUIs or domestic violence? If they never lose money or fans ( not true but I understand it’s hyperbole ) then why ever do anything?

I dont think it’s rigged but there are biases and influences from up top.

Goodell hates Payton and the saints. The nfl clearly sucks la like a two dollar whore.

Did the ref intentionally blow the call? Probably not but he also knew what his bosses prefer.

I’m too old to get emotionally invested in something I can’t control that is clearly governed by incompetent people with agendas.

I was mostly done after 2012 but this last run sucked me back in. I will never give the nfl another dollar or rating. Better ways to spend my time

Ratings may have dipped a bit in recent years but I think they tipped back up. What other game is in town?

People KNOW wrestling is fake but it keeps chugging along...so will the NFL.

You have to get to a certain point and see the patterns and feel the pain to turn it off. most fan bases haven't been jobbed as hard as New Orleans, though generally I do talk to people who hate the league office as well.

But there's no other game in town but college.
Wrestling admits it and just wants to entertain people.

If that were the case then why does the league suspend players for DUIs or domestic violence? If they never lose money or fans ( not true but I understand it’s hyperbole ) then why ever do anything?
Ray Rice?

The justice they dole out is often subjective and arbitrary. Depends on the optics and the PR hit and whether or not some politicians might make some noise about getting involved.

None of it matters. They are raking in the cash and they don't have to care about anything. This will pass and Goodell will sleep well tonight.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ey-than-ever-and-things-have-never-been-worse

https://thinkprogress.org/nfl-revenue-record-high-cca4caa928e0/

https://qz.com/1383416/amid-controversy-the-nfl-is-still-thriving-financially/

My first game watching was in 87. 30 years. I never thought I'd see a super bowl win and they'll never take 2009 away.

Ultimately Roger won though. I capitulate. Kinda like LSU fans with Bama.

Of course the game is rigged.....before the first Rams game, I said the NFL desperately wanted this game to be played in LA....,exactly for the reason which happened in this game....that the game is rigged, and if this game is played in LA all the home fans would feel justified to gloss over sucs a farce!

But this game was in NOLA, and now the whole world knows that the NFL is rigged....do anybody with reason believes that the refs didn't see the PI? Not even the NFL hides it anymore....they're blaming the refs, but in all honesty Goodell does not want to see the Saints in any SB anymore! So they will lie, cheat and blatantly do it openly if it needs to make sure the Saints won't go to the SB!

That's the main reason I no longer watch the games regularly.... I didn't see this game, heck I won't even bother watching the highlights anymore! The only play I have seen is the PI play.......I have seen enough!

It’s rigged, it’s obvious. If you don’t believe it after that today, then you just don’t want to believe it. I took a full trash bag of NFL gear to the dump tonight, Nothing with the NFL shield will ever be in my house again and no NFL programming will ever be on my television again. They don’t care and losing me is nothing to them but it’s a stand I am making none the less because, unlike the NFL, I do have a shred of integrity and decency.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom