If you can change one moment (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If you can change one moment through the Saints history, what would it be? FYI we’ll define a moment as no more than a few seconds. A few examples: a play, a draft pick, a hiring.

An understandably obvious answer is the no-call, but another is the big conversion to Vernon Davis on 2nd down with a little more than 30 seconds left in the 2011 divisional round. It put the Niners in FG position to tie, but we all know what happened. Don't give up that big play and who knows... As bad as the defense was in that game, that was the year the Saints looked like they had the team to win another championship.

The Saints out of the NFCW during the Niners Montana/Young heyday.
I really believe if they weren’t beating each other up in the same division twice a year, they could’ve snuck a victory in the playoffs and create a Super Bowl run.

An understandably obvious answer is the no-call, but another is the big conversion to Vernon Davis on 2nd down with a little more than 30 seconds left in the 2011 divisional round. It put the Niners in FG position to tie, but we all know what happened. Don't give up that big play and who knows... As bad as the defense was in that game, that was the year the Saints looked like they had the team to win another championship.
That would be second for me. We’d have won that year and in 2019 imo.

We get past the 49ers no doubt we go on to the Super Bowl with Brees beating Brady. The NFL then ignores "Bounty Gate" because they can't have their Defending (and two time) Super Bowl winning head coach serving a suspension so they turn to the other team to make an example out of that also had a bounty system going on. The Minnesota Vikings.

We get past the 49ers no doubt we go on to the Super Bowl with Brees beating Brady. The NFL then ignores "Bounty Gate" because they can't have their Defending (and two time) Super Bowl winning head coach serving a suspension so they turn to the other team to make an example out of that also had a bounty system going on. The Minnesota Vikings.
Lol...you think that's how that would've went down. We would've just been the 1st team to have a SB title stripped away from Bountygate.

Then we'd have to change two moments instead of one

That would be second for me. We’d have won that year and in 2019 imo.

I think the difference for me was 2011 was still peak Brees. I liked our chances in 2019, but the offensive shortcomings were already showing up. Still, put Brees in another Super Bowl at any point in his career and my heart would tell me he'd have found a way.

That whole farce.

I've tried not to dwell on it but remember there were players on other teams who made it clear the Saints were being unfairly singled out. Little attention was paid to that outside of our fanbase.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom