If you can change one moment (2 Viewers)

To respond to the original thread topic:

The no-call gets mentioned a lot, with good reason..................but I'm going with Jared Cook's fumble in the divisional round last year.

I have this belief that the Saints would have pounded GB with the run in the NFC title game. I also think the Chiefs were possibly ripe for the picking in the SB.

I am a pretty old school NO fan. I have often called the past 16 years the 'golden age of saints football'. Even in our 7-9 'down years', i never felt that the game was unwinnable....It's such a different time in saints football now than it was pre-payton/brees....
....The truth is, I never had much expectation for the saints - ya, wins were good but never imagined a superbowl (i vivdly recall being happy for patriot fans when their team made it to the superbowl in 1997....at the time, those fans had had a lot of hardship and a pretty crappy franchise). When we won the superbowl it was incredible (not to mention life and hope the NFCC game gave in 2006)!

With that context, the Vernon Davis 47 yard play literally sickened me, i could not watch nor follow football for the months that followed....
....That ending was so crazy with 4 lead changes in the last 5ish min and the saints crawling back after Pierre Thomas was injured. It broke me the way that game ended; to the point that the no call and the min miracle didn't hurt nearly as much. The one play i would change is:
9 seconds left in the 2012 NFC Divisional Game, Roman Harper separates the ball from Davis in the endzone forcing a turnover (you pick if you would like a fumble or the ball pops up in the air for an int), ending the game and....saints win!

All would have been forgiven and all that we would remember is how tenacious the saints were to comeback, on the road, and beat the 49ers. Also, can you imagine the dome the following week when the gaints came to town? Insanity!! I don't know if the saints would have won the superbowl, but i do believe that team was one of the best under payton and with brees at the helm....

(with a smile: now, if the above play/moment had happened as scripted, i would be sitting here telling you how i wish brees had hit tomas on the quick slant prior to the 'no call' and how that game rams game 'sickened me'! ha!)

The Saints out of the NFCW during the Niners Montana/Young heyday.
I really believe if they weren’t beating each other up in the same division twice a year, they could’ve snuck a victory in the playoffs and create a Super Bowl run.
Or maybe instead of drafting a damn kicker in the first round we could’ve just drafted Montana?

Same. In my mind, those were 3 more trophies for the case.
Can you imagine the Falcons fans faces if we had 3 chips. The rivalry would be over they could not tell us anything until they won 2 at least and we would be respected with the Pats and Steelers when it came to Chips. (purposely left out Cowgirls until they win a playoff game)

The no call has really decreased my interest in the NFL, Still can't get over it.

100% agreed here.

The no call confirmed to me that at least some games are fixed. Whether it is by vegas or the NFL, there are some games where one team flat out is not allowed to win. After that moment, the NFL just hasn't been the same since.

Or maybe instead of drafting a damn kicker in the first round we could’ve just drafted Montana?
I actually had to Wikipedia who the Saints selected before Montana. Reggie Mathis who only spent two seasons in the League then went into USFL, CFL, and Arena Football territory.

Can you imagine the Falcons fans faces if we had 3 chips. The rivalry would be over they could not tell us anything until they won 2 at least and we would be respected with the Pats and Steelers when it came to Chips. (purposely left out Cowgirls until they win a playoff game)
My wife’s cousins are Falcon’s fans - born and raised in Douglasville, GA. Great people, but I give them hell now with 1 chip. I don’t think the words have been invented on what I would say to them if we had 3 more. Dare to dream. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom