If you can change one moment (1 Viewer)

1a is when we signed Nick Fairley to that big contract with a lot of guaranteed money. If I could change one moment in Saints history, I'd make it to where they signed ME to that contract instead. (note: we'd have still took that big cap-hit because no way I'd have suited up, but I'd be rich)

1b is the no-call(s) vs the Rams in the NFCCG. Either one, but I'd prefer the PI on Robey-Coleman.

Gregg Williams play calling that final play against SF 2011 Divisional Round of the playoffs. How do you put Shanle and Harper against Vernon Davis in the red zone with the game on the line?

Last edited:
Can we "go back 9 months before this date: February 19, 1959"?

thats-really-messed-up-superbad.gif

An understandably obvious answer is the no-call, but another is the big conversion to Vernon Davis on 2nd down with a little more than 30 seconds left in the 2011 divisional round. It put the Niners in FG position to tie, but we all know what happened. Don't give up that big play and who knows... As bad as the defense was in that game, that was the year the Saints looked like they had the team to win another championship.
This was going to be mine.. The No-Call of course but I think that 2010 team was our best ever.... We were on the way to becoming a dynasty

If you can change one moment through the Saints history, what would it be? FYI we’ll define a moment as no more than a few seconds. A few examples: a play, a draft pick, a hiring.
The day Mike Cerullo was born.

Last edited:
Gregg Williams play calling that final play against SF 2011 Divisional Round of the playoffs. How do you put Shanle and Harper against Vernon Davis in the red zone with the game on the line?
What I recall is... it was Jenkins and Harper. And... Harper had tweaked his ankle.

They put Jenkins on the line with Harper deep.

VD easily juked Jenkins at the line and Harper on bad wheels couldn't keep up with VD.

GW should have put Harper on the line and Jenkins deep...

(NOTE: I might be totally misremembering this.)

If you can change one moment through the Saints history, what would it be? FYI we’ll define a moment as no more than a few seconds. A few examples: a play, a draft pick, a hiring.
Call me old , but the first real hurt was Rams kicking a game winning FG ( with barefooted kicker ) to beat Bum Phillips's Saints about to go to the playoffs .
I went outside mad as hell and screamed and at the same time my neighbor from across the street did the same. We looked at each other and laughed. ( Both upset but still laughed at each other )

Agreed. Would have been the most useful thing he ever did for the Saints.

I don't want to derail the thread topic, but why (outside of not flailing about and acting like he'd been shot after the no-call) is Tommylee Lewis so generally disliked on this forum?

He was who he was......a UDFA who over-achieved in preseason and made it difficult for the team to cut him. Not all of our UDFAs are going to be Pierre Thomas. Or even Marquez Callaway.

I don't want to derail the thread topic, but why (outside of not flailing about and acting like he'd been shot after the no-call) is Tommylee Lewis so generally disliked on this forum?

He was who he was......a UDFA who over-achieved in preseason and made it difficult for the team to cut him. Not all of our UDFAs are going to be Pierre Thomas. Or even Marquez Callaway.
That’s a good question, for me I guess it’s all the hype around him, from Sean and Bill. He just never seemed to be anything other than a bad play waiting to happen imo. I still pulled for him in every single game he played for my team. As I do with all Saints. Just not a fan of his game, or lack thereof, but I do understand your question as he wasn’t a highly touted prospect coming into the league.

And as far as Callaway, in the comparison, I’m not a big fan of his either.

I’ll pull for any player who suits up for us as I’m a fan of the team and not the individual, although I certainly like some more than others. Hate is thrown around here so much, (I’m thankful you phrased it much better with ‘dislike’) along with calling players trash, etc…and I’ll just never do that as it’s not that serious to me. It’s entertainment. And no player in the league can be trash imo, as they’re in the top 1% of the world to even be there at all.

Ok, I got off on a tangent there. Lol my apologies.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom