If you can change one moment (3 Viewers)

The 2010 Beast Quake play should be top 5. Not above “No Call” or “MM”, but I think the road to a repeat SB was very possible. GB was the only other quality NFC team and the Steelers were the AFC champs.
We ran out of healthy RBs that year, hence the trade up for Ingram the following year. The Two Dat everyone here wanted was just not possible.

Decided to dig deep to find a different Saints What If? You guys nailed all the ones that first come to mind. So I'm going back to 2000...

What if Jeff Blake doesn't get hurt against the Raiders...
The Saints are 7-3 going into that game, a look at both guys stats from that year, which are pretty similar, I will admit. Coming out of the Ditka years and being really too young to appreicate the early 90s teams, I just remember Jeff Blake and Rickey Williams making the Saints exciting again. Good times!

No.PlayerAgepiece of workGGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsSk%NY/AANY/A4QCGWD
18Jeff Blake30QB11117-4-018430260.92025134.393496.76.211.0184.182.7241507.45.755.3111
2Aaron Brooks24qb853-2-011319458.2151494.663.1537.87.313.4189.385.715947.26.796.3612

The no call is, of course, rightly at the forefront of all our desires, but here is a big what if....What if JW doesn't get hurt this season? Sure, we didn't have much in the way of WR/TE, but TH managed to win a game or two with them, and JW was really looking good up that point. Plus, look at our defense this year!! I really believe we could have made a LOT of noise in the playoffs this year with a healthy JW at the helm.

When it comes to the "Miracle" the real story is actually another no call.
Before we were forced to kick the FG Brees drew the Minni DL off sides and we would have had a 1st down. We could have run the clock down then kicked FG with no time left and won the game.

Not passing on Lawrence Taylor.

THAT would have changed the Saints’ trajectory for an entire decade... not just one season.

JMO.

:gosaints:
Perhaps but then we wouldn’t have drafted the City Champ

The miracle, the no call and Vernon Davis TD easy top 3 for me.
The Cook fumble against the Bucs in the playoffs up there too.
Great thread
Oof, how great would it have been to have Drew beat Tom head to head? For me, that was the worst reality of that game ending like it did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom